21 DAY HOLD FINANCIAL SERVICE OMBUDSMAN WANTS TO HEAR FROM YOU

Having lodged a complaint against Pay Pal and Ebay in regards to illegally freezing funds and also referring the matter to the privacy commisioner.  The Financial Services Ombudsman also wants to hear about accounts where funds have been placed under the 21 day hold. Their office is anticipating an across board deluge of complaints and they wish to be advised of individual cases as believe this is a breach of law.

Message 1 of 524
Latest reply
523 REPLIES 523

B

U

M

P

Smiley Very Happy

Message 201 of 524
Latest reply

Big bump on the back of the head

Message 202 of 524
Latest reply

Update::::::

My 90 Day Hold is OOOOOver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First sale made after my 90 days and PayPal payment released straight away Yey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bus as I expected all the current holds are still in place and being released after 21 days each.

So items I sold two+ days ago I have to wait - but items I sold today I do not.

Now other than the 90 days I had met all other new buyer criteria by a long shot so I would figure after 90 days all funds should be released evidently my idea of the new rules is different to eBay, as if we couldn't guess.

Just another dot  point for the Ombudsmen!

Message 203 of 524
Latest reply

oztool
Community Member

We have also had our funds put on a 21 day hold with not even any notification and we are powersellers and up until yesterday were top rated sellers.

So how can you all of a sudden be a risk?

Get this bit.

Our funds are on hold for issueing refunds to fwit customers who did not read our listing that clearly stated the item was out of stock .

This goes to show you how many people dont even look. 

This is absolute BS how ebay and paypal can control our business and now our money that we have all worked hard to get.

All this new **bleep** and detailed seller ratings bla bla bla is out of control and they have definatly taken this to far.

I also will be taking this further with the Financial Services Ombudsman.

Message 204 of 524
Latest reply

hi how do i complain ebays stuffed it up this is illegal i cannot get sale money or postage money from sales this is criminal i think ebay will shut down and take all funds forever only short time left , how do i get my money you detructice company on mr and rest of world seelersd and buyers no one can send items with no funds , this is bull dust too this is bad bad bad news .

@hmmar-spier wrote:

Having lodged a complaint against Pay Pal and Ebay in regards to illegally freezing funds and also referring the matter to the privacy commisioner.  The Financial Services Ombudsman also wants to hear about accounts where funds have been placed under the 21 day hold. Their office is anticipating an across board deluge of complaints and they wish to be advised of individual cases as believe this is a breach of law.

Message 205 of 524
Latest reply

Hi Catfish. Welcome to the forums. You can lodge a complaint with the Financial Ombudsman Services here. Keep in mind that they are possibly on Christmas break at the moment (my assumption). Most people who have lodged a complaint have seen results within a few days, but could take a bit longer at the moment due to the time of year that it is.

If you are on Facebook, you are also welcome to join this site. 

Message 206 of 524
Latest reply

Sheepy, this FB page seems to be closed, you need to join the group to see the discussion.  What use is that in trying to drum up oppoition to Paypal's activities, many people will not join a group without some indication of where the discussion is going.  It may well be totally opposite to their own stand on the subject.  Seems counterproductive to me.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 207 of 524
Latest reply

It's a closed group because Facebook is full of Asian scammers who flood open sites with spam. Unless you are there 24/7 (which I am not because I work and also have a life), it is near impossible to keep on top of them. The only way to filter them out and stop them is to have a closed group where to contribute, you have to actually join.

It's not counter productive, it's common sense. I manage other groups as well as this one and know how to pick a scammer when they apply to join, so they never get in. 

Message 208 of 524
Latest reply

well I've had no luck trying yo get my funds released , rang them twice ,filled in the form from the links provided above 

Ended up telling the call centre staff that the 90 day freeze is illegal & they don't seem to care

Message 209 of 524
Latest reply

Fair enough, I just thought it might limit the number of people who would join, I know I won't join groups that hide their content.  I have seen closed groups that allow non-members to read, but not post. At least this way you can decide if you agree with the viewpoints of the group before joining.  Wouldn't this option be better?

Cheers,

Penny
Message 210 of 524
Latest reply