21 DAY HOLD FINANCIAL SERVICE OMBUDSMAN WANTS TO HEAR FROM YOU

Having lodged a complaint against Pay Pal and Ebay in regards to illegally freezing funds and also referring the matter to the privacy commisioner.  The Financial Services Ombudsman also wants to hear about accounts where funds have been placed under the 21 day hold. Their office is anticipating an across board deluge of complaints and they wish to be advised of individual cases as believe this is a breach of law.

Message 1 of 524
Latest reply
523 REPLIES 523

Thanks thats exectly what i meant. the item is to be delivered today will wait for that to be done then i will take further actrion. hopefully i can get it sorted b4 next week.

Message 111 of 524
Latest reply

@001babygirl_123 wrote:

bump.jpg

ccccc.jpeg

BUMP BUMP..

Message 112 of 524
Latest reply

H

Message 113 of 524
Latest reply

@i-love-my-sheep wrote:

@aps1080 wrote:

What I am noticing more and more is items listed in ebay AND on gumtree

With a proviso on the ebay listing description that they might end listing early as it is listed elsewhere.

This does occur on things I am watching that suddenly end.

Ebay doesn't hold gumtree money for 21 days, so why ebay ?

My understanding is that you're not supposed to do that (I have been known to be wrong though!!). The seller also risks having their rating trashed. if someone buys the item off the outside site, someone at the same time might buy it on eBay. Then the seller is left with the dilemma of telling one buyer they have to miss out. Given the fees, they will probably tell the eBay buyer that they miss out, in which case the buyer will then probably neg them and trash their stars.

Apparently not so any more chooks....................

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling-on-eBay/can-you-revise-your-listing-to-say-you-have-the-item...

"continues patting my very clever back....................>>>>>>>>>>>"

Hmm, try this link..............

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling-on-eBay/can-you-revise-your-listing-to-say-you-have-the-item...

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 114 of 524
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Am, I always believed that too until I ordered some collector coins from the RAM in Canberra.  They always sent them by registered mail so I made it my business to look up the AP website where I found the above information.

I have just rechecked it and the information is still the same but as we all know there is no registered mail for parcels any more.  So I assume that it would now require SOD to send collectible coins in boxes although gift cards or notes would still go in an envelope with registered mail.

Thanks for the info.

I wanted to register a gift card that I was mailing to the UK. As it was in a smallish envelope the person serving me at the counter asked me what was in the envelope that needed registering. I said it was a gift card and they said "gift cards can't be registered same as cash"

I must ask again and see what response I get. A few years ago a rogue postie that was convicted for theft of mail, had a stash of gift cards and money orders in his house that he had taken out of stolen mail.. and bags of mail in his garage.

Made me wary of posting gift cards.

Message 115 of 524
Latest reply

@aps1080 wrote:

Ebay doesn't hold gumtree money for 21 days, so why ebay ?

There is no buyer protection for items sold via Gumtree, so for whatever reason, I guess they don't feel the need to protect buyers (or themselves) for sales via GT (there is seller protection, though, interestingly enough).

Message 116 of 524
Latest reply

They unfroze our funds after we lodged the FOS case against them.
Message 117 of 524
Latest reply

b u m p . . . . .

Message 118 of 524
Latest reply

They unfroze our funds after we lodged the FOS case against them.

That's what I want to hear.

It sounds like they on't like FOS's.

Message 119 of 524
Latest reply

Does anyone know how much an FOS costs them each time ?

Message 120 of 524
Latest reply