21 DAY HOLD FINANCIAL SERVICE OMBUDSMAN WANTS TO HEAR FROM YOU

Having lodged a complaint against Pay Pal and Ebay in regards to illegally freezing funds and also referring the matter to the privacy commisioner.  The Financial Services Ombudsman also wants to hear about accounts where funds have been placed under the 21 day hold. Their office is anticipating an across board deluge of complaints and they wish to be advised of individual cases as believe this is a breach of law.

Message 1 of 524
Latest reply
523 REPLIES 523

Message 101 of 524
Latest reply

Bump
Message 102 of 524
Latest reply

I love

Re the on line version of this

"If you are on Facebook, there is a link here. You are welcome to join other disgruntled members there.

If you're not on Facebook, you can go here to lodge a complaint. It doesn't look that hard. Fill in the boxes and submit."

Earlier on this or another thread, someone mentioned that for every complaint laid with the fIN ombusdman, PayPal, ebay had to pay a fee.

Do PayPal, ebay have to pay for every on line complaint laid ?

Would be interesting to know as it would tie up one hell of a lot of $$$ if that was the case !!!

Message 103 of 524
Latest reply

Bump...This topic would be good if it went viral..Bump again................

Ahhh,yer,why not,BUMP BUMP..

Message 104 of 524
Latest reply

I been using EBay and PayPal since 2008 selling odd stuff and buying occasionally. 2 days ago i sold a phone brand new which got as a present so that i could buy my son a xmass present as i lost my job in July. My rating is above standard with 100% feedback as i go out of my way to send items as soon as humanly possible. Never having any Issues before i went to my PayPal account to use the funds to by a present when i saw the funds were frozen for 21-Days. As most on here i had no joy with any of the 2 company’s representatives. The Item is due to arrive at the Buyer today. I will myself Lodge a complaint with FSO if my money is not immediately available as they cannot give me a reason even for the +3days after the client receives goods .Ohh yeah I will never ever use PayPal again and probably eBay as well. If I do It will be strict pickup cod even if it means some things will never sell.

Message 105 of 524
Latest reply

What I am noticing more and more is items listed in ebay AND on gumtree

With a proviso on the ebay listing description that they might end listing early as it is listed elsewhere.

This does occur on things I am watching that suddenly end.

Ebay doesn't hold gumtree money for 21 days, so why ebay ?

Message 106 of 524
Latest reply

good question

Message 107 of 524
Latest reply

bump.jpg

Message 108 of 524
Latest reply

@aps1080 wrote:

What I am noticing more and more is items listed in ebay AND on gumtree

With a proviso on the ebay listing description that they might end listing early as it is listed elsewhere.

This does occur on things I am watching that suddenly end.

Ebay doesn't hold gumtree money for 21 days, so why ebay ?

My understanding is that you're not supposed to do that (I have been known to be wrong though!!). The seller also risks having their rating trashed. if someone buys the item off the outside site, someone at the same time might buy it on eBay. Then the seller is left with the dilemma of telling one buyer they have to miss out. Given the fees, they will probably tell the eBay buyer that they miss out, in which case the buyer will then probably neg them and trash their stars.

Message 109 of 524
Latest reply

@bigfishtinny wrote:

I been using EBay and PayPal since 2008 selling odd stuff and buying occasionally. 2 days ago i sold a phone brand new which got as a present so that i could buy my son a xmass present as i lost my job in July. My rating is above standard with 100% feedback as i go out of my way to send items as soon as humanly possible. Never having any Issues before i went to my PayPal account to use the funds to by a present when i saw the funds were frozen for 21-Days. As most on here i had no joy with any of the 2 company’s representatives. The Item is due to arrive at the Buyer today. I will myself Lodge a complaint with FSO if my money is not immediately available as they cannot give me a reason even for the +3days after the client receives goods .Ohh yeah I will never ever use PayPal again and probably eBay as well. If I do It will be strict pickup cod even if it means some things will never sell.

I think you may mean cash on pickup, which is completely different to cash on delivery (unless you are offering to deliver to the buyer). COD is a service provided by Aust Post where the seller sends the item and the buyer pays for the postage when they pick it up from the post office. It also uncurs a fee.

I would contact PayPal again (phone or email) and explain (calmly) that unless they release your funds immediately, you will be lodging a complaint with the Ombudsman. They have been getting a LOT of calls saying that and sellers have been having success because they now know that sellers aren't just making idle threats, they are in fact lodging complaints.

Message 110 of 524
Latest reply