6 digit pin given to the buyer

What am i supposed to do with this 6 digit pin number the buyer sent me after they had picked up the item? I can't find anywhere to put it in.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

imastawka
Honored Contributor

My buyers have a QR code that I'm supposed to scan. I refuse to use the eBay app, which is needed for the QR, so I don't.

Nobody's shafted me yet.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

eBay says:

โIf you don't want to use the app, ask the buyer to sign a copy of the eBay order form at the time of pickup.โž

It is ridiculous that the code cannot apparently be scanned or entered manually into the order without the app. Itโ€™s another example of very poor site implementation or simply very limited thought going into the architecture of it.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

How would that work - anyone could sign. ??

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

I have been informed by Ebay that at the moment there is no provision to insert the digits by using a desktop device. Instead if one doesn't have the app (and or a smart phone), the advice given is to tick both item sent and payment received boxes. (I suppose the item has been sent away with the buyer......)

It would be so easy if they added options 'item picked-up' and 'cash payment received'  - an 'enhancement' that would be useful instead of the constant fa*ting around with the way things look.

If you, like me, really want to insert the digits for an item, you could contact ebay and use online chat to get the transcript proving you advised them of the 6 digits. A rather cumbersome method I'd only use for a higher priced item or if the buyer caused me to think it wise.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Even marking the item as paid and sent, a buyer can still open an INR because there is no tracking.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

just repeating what I was told by ebay, hence the chat to get the 6 digit code recorded.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Just had an item picked up, wrote down the 6 digits shown to me by the buyer . This time when I logged in to note item as 'sent' the words "picked up on 7/3/2023" came up above the menu. I added a "note to self" with the 6 digit code.

Looks like they have at last done something sensible for those of us who do not have or want a smart phone.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

However, I didn't know about the pin until the buyer got home and too late to sign, can do next time if it happens. So, the onus is on the buyer to record not the seller? I would think it should be both. I could not find a place to email ebay and ask questions, didn't even know it was going to you guys. I am a very intermittent seller so not as savvy as perhaps you are.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply