A.P. in trouble again

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: A.P. in trouble again

This would be acceptable for a non business customer but for those that need to spend more in labour than you are trying to get back from Aust Post in compensation you just end up writing it off. They can access my account to see if I am claiming more than what would be deemed acceptable. Plus try asking a customer who is also a business to spend time going to the post office over an inexpensive item. They will just buy elsewhere next time.

My current damaged item was a box that had been dropped on one side damaging one of the 10 items inside. I need to send a replacement which will cost around $15 postage. I will need to contact Aust Post then have the customer take the large box to a post office for an item they will compensate me my wholesale cost which is under a dollar. All I want is for them to pay the postage sending the replacement. 

Message 11 of 27
Latest reply

You are jumping to assumptions,

I never made the point about seller sending stuff stupidly, (yes it happens all the time), when you see a seller has minimal claims, its should be a clear cut case. items under $50 don't require an invoice on how much you paid for them,

You are comparing a damaged car to a parcel, Are car would cost hundreds to thousands of dollars, It also requires a panel beater to tell them how much it will cost to repair it.

As brickworksmarket said if the claims are minimal and its a business client they shouldn't have to go to the post office,

Message 12 of 27
Latest reply

@danieh_6 wrote:

You are jumping to assumptions,

I never made the point about seller sending stuff stupidly, (yes it happens all the time), when you see a seller has minimal claims, its should be a clear cut case. items under $50 don't require an invoice on how much you paid for them,

You are comparing a damaged car to a parcel, Are car would cost hundreds to thousands of dollars, It also requires a panel beater to tell them how much it will cost to repair it.

As brickworksmarket said if the claims are minimal and its a business client they shouldn't have to go to the post office,

So a business customer packs things better based on your comment.

Anyone should have to justify making a claim for damaged goods,  otherwise all parcels will be claimed without question.  Just imagine the cost of postage if AP went with that.

Message 13 of 27
Latest reply

I wonder if you know how ebay manages the damaged item received claim. 

AP could save money on a simplified system instead of lying to their customers about making insurance claims for lost or damaged items when it comes to businesses. Also they tell customers to go back to the business for a replacement, no mention that they need to take it to the post office themselves for the sender to be compensated. Ebay does not require the buyer to take it to the post office to get a replacement or refund.

Message 14 of 27
Latest reply

eBay offer buyers a Money Back Guarantee under strict conditions and timeframes; that hasn’t anything to do with statutory protection or insurance from AP.

AP have been caught out doing the wrong thing in some instances.

But that isn’t connected to eBay’s processes, and what eBay requires for an MBG claim is irrelevant to what AP should require or should implement etc.

Message 15 of 27
Latest reply

I mean say a the customer who buys an item off you, damaged by AP, they take a photo of the parcel with the label and the packaging, In my opinion, providing the packaging is sufficient that should be enough to process a claim online for a business customer, without having the the end user going to the post office and getting screw around,

and to answer you question, yes a business customer should pack things better because otherwise, they would not be in business,

Message 16 of 27
Latest reply

@brickworksmarket wrote:

AP could save money on a simplified system instead of lying to their customers about making insurance claims for lost or damaged items when it comes to businesses. Also they tell customers to go back to the business for a replacement, no mention that they need to take it to the post office themselves for the sender to be compensated. Ebay does not require the buyer to take it to the post office to get a replacement or refund.

I am not a business. A few years ago I sold an item for $250. Could have been $275, but it doesn't matter. The tracking never showed the item as being delivered. I know the buyer received it because they sent a message thanking me and saying how happy they were with the item. Due to the cost, I chose to take out insurance. 

I'm normally an honest person, but I thought, what the heck, so I put in a claim with AP for a lost item. Mostly to see if it would go through. I initially contacted them via their Facebook page (being polite certainly helps with them bending over backwards to help). They said to open a case via My Post, which I did.

The next day I got a phone call and went through everything with them. They said they would call back the next day, which they did, saying they couldn't locate the item and a money order for the full amount was in the post. It arrived 2 days later and I cashed it in the next time I went to the PO. Done and dusted in under a week.

I've never had to deal with damaged items because a truck could drive over my parcels and not damage them, but making an insurance claim was about as easy as you could get. It was absolutely no hassle at all, and certainly no lying on the part of AP.

Message 17 of 27
Latest reply

@*sons_n_daughters* wrote:

@brickworksmarket wrote:

I am not a business. A few years ago I sold an item for $250. Could have been $275, but it doesn't matter. The tracking never showed the item as being delivered. I know the buyer received it because they sent a message thanking me and saying how happy they were with the item. Due to the cost, I chose to take out insurance. 

I'm normally an honest person, but I thought, what the heck, so I put in a claim with AP for a lost item. Mostly to see if it would go through. I initially contacted them via their Facebook page (being polite certainly helps with them bending over backwards to help). They said to open a case via My Post, which I did.

The next day I got a phone call and went through everything with them. They said they would call back the next day, which they did, saying they couldn't locate the item and a money order for the full amount was in the post. It arrived 2 days later and I cashed it in the next time I went to the PO. Done and dusted in under a week.

I've never had to deal with damaged items because a truck could drive over my parcels and not damage them, but making an insurance claim was about as easy as you could get. It was absolutely no hassle at all, and certainly no lying on the part of AP.

And it is exactly because of this type of dishonest people, that Australia Post need to see damaged items.  I know the circumstance is different as this is a ''lost'' item so AP cant inspect it.  But it just highlights that supposedly ""honest"" people, will cheat the system for their own gain.

Message 18 of 27
Latest reply

What does it matter,  *sons_n_daughters* has paid for a service and insured it and you are claiming it a dishonest? The buyer can still file a chargeback with the back or PayPal and they would still be out of pocket and they are purely that didn't happen . Australia post did not provide a service "a tracked service" when paid for must show delivery.  Under Australian consumer law "If businesses can’t supply a product or service that a consumer has paid for, on time or within a reasonable time, then the business must provide a solution."

Message 19 of 27
Latest reply

Think you should re-read the post.

Message 20 of 27
Latest reply