A Wing and a Prayer

...is about where we’re at with our inventory.

I’m quietly confident and far too excited that the sell is on. We already have the order and have set aside a good proportion of our pre 1980 items, and the man will be here in the first week of December, but only for two days instead of the week, so its going to be full on stressballs all round.

Agreeing on price in such monster numbers is always hard and so stressful it’s debilitating, so please wish us luck that this is truly the last time.

I’m wishing our lives away and can’t wait to be in the second week of December and if it happens I’ll be black and blue with pinch marks 🙂

Melina.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: A Wing and a Prayer

We’re well on the way 🙂

The sorting and grading has been a 24/7 job. We’ve not had time for much else. It’s very hard and you need to be brutally honest in appraisals. Sometimes we’re not sure if we are doing ourselves a disservice or not. Thankfully too, we are dealing with a gentleman, hard when it come to price as it should be I guess, but a nice man nonetheless. We’ve received a ‘Good Will’ payment. Something we didn’t ask for and indeed have never heard of.

This place is tobacco pipes from one end to the other at the moment. Messy, but very exciting 🙂

Melina.

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

It’s done and I can’t contain my excitement, even with all the obvious neglect of things over the past week or so.

We did it. WOOHOO!! Excited and relieved.

And the mess of the aftermath. OMG! We’ll still be packing for awhile yet and until that’s done the mess remains. Ugh!

Well, we didn’t quite move as much as we’d anticipated, but about 3/4 of it, so we’re still talking big numbers. Barry’s going about business as usual, like as if nothing outstanding has happened. Men!! 

We’ve still got plenty of pipes that will keep us busy for a fair while yet, but the pressure and worry is gone. This also means a bit of a new direction for us now, but we’ll have a few quiet weeks over Xmas to think it all through, in among a few wine o’clocks I’ve got planned .... lol.

Sometimes Dreams, or parts of them, do come true 😊

I wish everyone else the same good fortune.

Melina. (Dipitty doo dah 😃)

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

Melinda, I'm so pleased for you.

When I get back in front of my computer, I will find the special Woohoo flag emoticon that I made for a friend, and the Clayton the Woohoo Moose emoticon as well.

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

The woohoo flagClayton the Woohoo Moose

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply