Absolutely Abhorent Treatment of an Ebay Seller with a long term good record

Read this story and weep for the seller.

I've never seen such disgraceful treatment of a seller by ebay CS in my time on here.

I think this one is up in the same league as the top end mobile phone scam by a Canadian buyer that was on these boards a while back.

That one ended up in the seller's favour (after some persistence) as I believe this one should too.

https://www.facebook.com/eBay.com.au/posts/1349562681737800?hc_location=ufi

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

omg that is just terrible for the seller.

The scammer just got away with everything, and with ebay's help.

It's all so wrong on every level and there should be some legal recouse.

Report that scammer to the legal people in this country and Canada.

They just shouldn't be allowed to get away with this.

Customs should be able to fine them for the lied paperwork.

It all makes me so angry at the scammer, and so sad for the seller.

Message 21 of 27
Latest reply

When I've been involved in a dispute, eBay have always referred to the messages whether via the dispute or as pointed out in "my messages". Absolutely disgraceful that there was no investigation for the seller. I hope that appeals works in Daniel's favour!  

The fact the buyer messaged the seller with "Good luck with customs" is proof that she deliberately tried to make things difficult by sending as Merchandise, knowing full well their would customs duties payable.

i would be going to the media over this one!

Message 22 of 27
Latest reply

oh its on facebook so it MUST be true...

Message 23 of 27
Latest reply

For those of you that haven't seen the latest on this saga here it is, it looks as though the seller is finally going to get the desired result.

But I have to wonder if it wasn't for him posting on eBay's Facebook page would he have got the same result in the same amount of time - somehow I doubt it.......................

Capture.PNG

eBay should really be rethinking their treatment of sellers on their trading platform or it's just going to go furthur downhill for them.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 24 of 27
Latest reply

@clarry100 wrote:

When I was attending PESA last year on the Gold Coast I was in an all-day presentation given by Tim Davies.

During that presentation he linked up live with Jim "Griff" Griffiths via the web.

Griff is the #6 ever employee of ebay and still holds a very senior position in ebay. He was the founding member of Customer Support division although these days he does not work for CS. He said during that preso that if ever we needed to contact him personally about an issue please feel free to do so and gave us his personal email address at ebay.

So this morning I thought this is deserving of such an email so I have brought it to his attention.

Not sure if/not it will do any good but it certainly can't hurt.

Other than an auto-reply I have not as yet heard anything back from "Griff" either.

Perhaps my message along with the CEO contact from the seller has gotten some attention in high places.

It's good to see that at the end of the day the seller will not end up out of pocket.

But clearly a very bad taste is left and it seems he will be packing up and leaving ebay selling. And it seems he has been a long term quite high volume seller.

IMHO the CSR's and their line managers who forced him to go thru all this BS should have a thing or two to answer for.

Message 25 of 27
Latest reply

makes me feel very uneasy knowing Ebay won't check facts in disputs or use common sense maybe a good lawer will light a fire under them

Message 26 of 27
Latest reply

Disgraceful.

Message 27 of 27
Latest reply