Advice needed about feedback response

Hi, I recceived a neutral feedback under a different eBay ID. They left no remarks except "Ok". I spoke to eBay about how to best handle this i.e. whether to contact the buyer and ask why and eBay were definite I should contact the buyer. So I emailed the buyer and asked if there was an issue they would like to discuss and the buyer just lost it and told me I had no right to contact her and that she was unhappy with the item (one of my best selling items of which I get many re-sales). She went on to call the item and me disgusting, told me I should be ashamed to sell this item and just went on a  rant.

What to do? I replied to her and explained had she contacted me prior to leaving feedback I would have made sure she was happy. I tried to be light and helpful but it just created another rant with her ending up telling me I was a crazy person and she had every right to her opinion. She sent me five rant emails finally ending with her saying she had reported me to eBay and has "named and shamed me on numerous forums". (This upset me). I ended up telling her that I would delete any further emails unread and she stopped emailing.

I feel that perhaps I could have handled this better but I am not sure how. She felt I was blaming her and that was not my intention. This is the second time I have contacted a buyer after receiving negative feedback and the first time didn't go much better. I know some buyers are just nuts but twice now...... I am wondering if it is worth contacting buyers about feedback?

I would like your opinion please? Do you contact buyers after receiving neutral/negative feedback. Also if you contact customers and have success reversing the feedback, do you have a script I could use for first contact?

Thanks

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Advice needed about feedback response

roseblack said:

Hi, I recceived a neutral feedback under a different eBay ID. They left no remarks except "Ok". I spoke to eBay about how to best handle this i.e. whether to contact the buyer and ask why and eBay were definite I should contact the buyer. So I emailed the buyer and asked if there was an issue they would like to discuss and the buyer just lost it and told me I had no right to contact her and that she was unhappy with the item (one of my best selling items of which I get many re-sales). She went on to call the item and me disgusting, told me I should be ashamed to sell this item and just went on a  rant.

--------------------------

Look on the bright side.If she found the item disgusting, how lucky were you to get a neutral and 'okay' as feedback.Smiley Happy

This time it is done and dusted, but if something like this happens again, I would tend to leave it. I often read feedback and if someone says OK with a neutral, all that says to me is there was nothing wrong with the transaction, it all went fine, the buyer got their item.

In fact i usually think the buyer was just being narky to give a neutral & not a positive in the circumstances. It certainly wouldn't put me off buying from that seller.

And that's all you need to worry about-is the feedback likely to turn off other buyers.

If you get feedback that reflects badly on service or product, that might be the time to contact the buyer or reply to a comment-but don't bother for an 'ok'.

Message 21 of 21
Latest reply