Advice on Nutribullet warranty and feedback left

Any advice on Nutribullet please. I recently bought one, 12 months warranty, brand new etc. It arrived very fast, but altho everything was new, the unit itself had a cup sealed on with a lot of moisture inside. For how long who knows, and presume just water, but not good, however I thought it may have just been tested. And there were no warranty papers or contact details. Asked seller who said it should have had stuff inside to absorb the liquid, and any probs just let him know. All very well IF he stays on ebay, and IF he replies. Only have 60 days if any probs via paypal. I told him my concerns and he did not reply to them, just he was listing more. I wrote again, and no reply again. Altho I did not like to do so I left negative feedback. The unit has nothing to say it was made in Australia, not even a serial number. I am worried I might have got one repaired and put in a new box with new attachments, and am now aware if anything goes wrong after 60 days that will be my problem as seller may not even be around, and does not have to do anything anyway, or indeed reply to my emails as I have found out. A big chance I will have to take, as I did some research before buying and saw some had problems around 3 months so I really though 12 month warranty sounded good. Seller has straight away emailed me saying feedback was unfair as everyone else is happy, altho he did not reply to my questions previously. He wants me to revise the feedback, as everyone else has left good feedback. All very well till something may go wrong, and find no real warranty. I do not normally buy electrical items via ebay so what does everyone think on this, and any info on advertising warranty's please? Thanks
Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Go back to not buying electricals on eBay, unless from an authorised seller of the brand.

only an authorised seller can offer a genuine warranty. Otherwise you are relying on seller honesty. Also, be wary of overseas electricals...you need to be very careful that they meet Australian standards and are the correct voltage.

Paypal is your warranty, here. For an item not as described claim you will need to return the item tracked to the address supplied by Paypal, when they direct you to do so.

do not agree to retract your negative unless the seller has resolved the issue to your satisfaction; I doubt they will, so a Paypal claim is your best option here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 2 of 22
Latest reply

Presume I have found the correct seller and your comment makes mention of dead fleas also in the packaging ? IF I'm correct,they have 1 revised feedback for a refund on a nutribullet and another neg from a buyer claiming it's counterfeit with the seller offering a refund if she revises her feedback.

JMO but open a Paypal dispute and escalate to a claim now as suggested by previous poster.

Message 3 of 22
Latest reply

Hi, no that was not me. I posted this accidently via my other ID. How I do not know as was logged into my other ID. The other feedbacks were good, all impressed by the speed of delivery - as was I.
Message 4 of 22
Latest reply

Hello, I am curious how you have 60 days for Paypal as I always thought it was just 45 from the date of sale to open a dispute. The window to leave feedback is 60 days.

I hope you get this sorted out quickly and safely.

Message 5 of 22
Latest reply

It's actually 65 days with Paypal. 45 days to lodge a claim and a further 20 days before you need to escalate.
Message 6 of 22
Latest reply

The TV advertised nutribullets are 30 day trial and return sales. Ask yourself what happens to the returns? They are repacked then sold off cheap via alternative outlets.

$285 informercial advertised ones become $150 Ebay advertised ones.

Why else is there so many boxed ones available at that price. If you didn't want it you can send it back for full refund, so why on sell it for half price.

I think it stinks that they can even advertise these on TV as $15 30 day trials without even mentioning the most important thing in the ad ie How much is it? Cant get any more devious with marketing. Its so you can't price compare before phoning in.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 7 of 22
Latest reply

"The unit has nothing to say it was made in Australia, not even a serial number."

The listing doesn't claim the item was MADE in Australia. They say it is an Australian model ( Aust model number) for the Australian market. Different countries have different electrical plugs, safety regulations to be met etc. Same item, different model no's in different countries

Seens strange to test every Nutribullets with water if they are brand new factory sealed. Is the seller saying they do that, or it is done before they get the Nutribullets.

I would be wanting to return it and get a refund too.

Message 8 of 22
Latest reply

Hi everyone, thanks for the advice. I realise I did not look into it as well as I thought. Just brand new with a warranty seemed good. The unit works well so far, and we like it, so maybe I will be lucky. At least $138 with free post was better than $286 from TV. I now realise if after the paypal protection I may have some further protection via my credit card. If the seller can not reply to my queries after buying he will not after the paypal time limit, if indeed he stays selling anyway. I do think it is falsely adverting it with a warranty, and tested beforehand with water does sound strange, when it is in a box and all as new, except for the unit itself with water inside the cup that was sealed on, and I was not told beforehand. Why would someone leave it like that and not dry it... He just said it was tested, and should have had water absorbing material inside and apologised. iMaybe it was one from a 30 day trial, or a return one checked out, which I would not have thought of. I do know lots are being sold on ebay and gumtree very cheap. Looks like I will take a chance on it this time, but will not revise my feedback, as there is no 12 month warranty, and he did not give any replies to 2 emails.
Message 9 of 22
Latest reply

If you fund Paypal payments with a credit card you do get the protection of a credit card chargeback, but as the time allowed for those varies significantly from bank to bank maybe give them a call to find out exactly what your time limit is.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 10 of 22
Latest reply