Almost Done Ebay

When my listings end, I will no longer be a seller. I thought it would be fun to try selling on Ebay, but it's not!! Abuse, grief being ripped off and top fees to Ebay.Rude buyers that want the earth for the price of a stamp.

Ebay make more than me and don't have to put any effort in, but they have their stores and don't need me. Once I finish selling I also finish buying.

Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: Almost Done Ebay

I was sorry to read your post onei0403 but I was even more sorry when I saw your one remaining listing. There may be an economic downturn & there may be site problems but sales won't happen unless you give the item the best chance to be noticed.

The ring you are selling, how would anyone know it is 9 carat gold when your title doesn't mention it? And with an opening price of $30, who is going to assume it is real gold? And with 80 characters available, why isn't the finger size included in the title? And what is the size of the Cubic Zirconia plus the side stones? And what does the ring weigh? And what is it stamped? Is it Hallmarked or does it just show its gold purity?

These are the minimum pieces of information a buyer would want to know in my experience. I am still going through my listings adding more measurements, more detail where I omitted it the first time. And guess what? It works.

I mean no criticism, you've already had enough but don't blame eBay when you haven't given that ring a chance. Oh yes, it will sell all right, I would buy it myself at the current price just for the gold value. I can't help feeling that if you are putting new 9 carat rings up at starting prices of $30 that you would have attracted a number of sharks who would be following your listings in the hope of getting a bargain.

No wonder you're upset. Here's my advice - pull that listing now, relist it with all the information I mentioned, use all 80 characters in the title & add a few more pictures. The starting price is up to you. More is not necessarily better.

Good luck with it, I hope you can see how to continue here without getting "ripped-off". 

Message 11 of 30
Latest reply

It was the the Converse & I did NOT mean to be critical 😞

Message 12 of 30
Latest reply

tstore
Community Member

Another reason I am a lurker In these forums than a contributor. Too scared to ask anything without feeling bashed about like in a shark cage.

Message 13 of 30
Latest reply

Thanks crikey*mate you are so accurate in your comments and thank you for summing things up so well, and in such a pleasant manner :-). 

gemststoneepette thanks for your advice it is much appreciated, and after reading your comments I can see that my listing was not at all well done. I assumed (wrongly) that prospective buyers would ask questions about possible purchases.

Yes I have the blues with Ebay at the moment but I also appreciate that I have a LOT to learn....:-D

Thanks for your advice... 

Message 14 of 30
Latest reply

Foxy it was not you being critical, just honest....I don't have a problem with that....:O

Message 15 of 30
Latest reply

just for anyone who has read this thread and does not know how to rotate pictures to give a better look in listings, here is a quick and easy tip for those using microsoft operating system that will save you plenty of time.

- View pictures in your folder as large icons

- Click on one that needs rotating clockwise, and then hold the CTRL key down while you click all others that need rotating the same direction

- Now that you have selected the photos to rotate, right click just one of them, and when the menu appears select Rotate Clockwise.

- Repeat for photos that need rotating in a counterclockwise direction and you will have rotated your photos without having to open each one individually.

Message 16 of 30
Latest reply

Nooooo, don't go. 😞  It would be sad to see a nice member go.

Agree with crikey, give it a break and come back.

It will be a pleasure to give you any tips I can. 😉

image host
Message 17 of 30
Latest reply

and the best thing is that the tips here are free.

Some aren't sugar-coated, but they are free

Message 18 of 30
Latest reply

am17178 You have made a point about my listings, they could be better, although I feel that you could have delivered your comments in a better manner.

I sincerely apologise OP. I didn't mean my comment to come across so nasty. It truly wasn't intended to be a personal attack.

Doesn’t expecting the unexpected make the unexpected expected?
Message 19 of 30
Latest reply

K1ooo-sir-sales Thank you so much for the advice on rotating the picture, as you had probably realised I did not know how to do this and I can admit that I am technically challenged at times:O.

Kopenhagen5 you have given me good advice in the past and have always been honest and helpful....I think that I may take your advice and take a break and in this time do some research....etc.

Thanks to all for your comments, they were all very much appreciated.

Message 20 of 30
Latest reply