Another glitch?

The listings that roll over after thirty days, and now new listings, are now being listed for 28 days.

Is anyone else experiancing this?

This has been going on since last Saturday.  I have done nothing different ( I don't have the time nor the inclination!)

Hopefully it's just another glitch being added to the never ending list of glitches.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Another glitch?

What we noticed is that anything listed (or rolling over) on 28th, 29th, 30th or 31st of a month is ending on 28th Feb (the last day of the month).

They will probably re-adjust to the correct date for the following months.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

It's Feb??
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

I was convinced it was February but Saturday and Sunday were still January!

Today is February, so I expected the roll over to be different today but not over the weekend.
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

eBay got themselves in a HUGE mess when they introduced 'good til cancelled' because of the Feb days (stuff was rolling over twice in a month - sellers were very angry)....so they (I think) have rolled it into 30 days (for Feb)...meaning 2 days ago.

There were many threads on the boards at the time

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

The old system was listings would roll-over once every 30 days. This meant 13 roll-overs in a one year period.

The new system is [meant to be] listings roll over once per month, so there is only 12 in a one year period. 

But, since listings are created at all times and can roll-over at any time, I suspect what eBay have done is give them a count-based cycle rather than a genuine calendar cycle.

Maybe, anyway. 

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

What we noticed is that anything listed (or rolling over) on 28th, 29th, 30th or 31st of a month is ending on 28th Feb (the last day of the month).

They will probably re-adjust to the correct date for the following months.
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

They do on 30 day months, so I suspect that would be the case.

Given 29, 30 and 31 of February won't exist, the 28th would definitely be the rollover date for those dates in January.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Many thanks for all of the replies.

I obviously didn't have my thinking cap on (happening more and more these days...sigh!)

Now it all makes sense.

Thankks again to everyone.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply