Another reason to hit your head against ebay's brick wall

Just received this email: wow wow and wow

Thank you for issuing a refund to xxxxxxxx.

Hi Jenni,

We've issued a AU $22.40 refund for Lovely Detailed Silver Pewter Finish Metal Carousal Rocking Horse Money Box to xxxxx because of your eBay auto-refund returns rule. We'll credit you the final value fee and the appropriate PayPal fee.

I did not have this activated, didn't even know about it...I eventually found the area where it was turned on, but there is no way I did that...not only that, the item is as described in the listing...this is so bad, please be careful, this was for only $22.40 but could be for anything and any amount...this was the first I heard of it, no prior notice or message, just this message...it means if the 'auto-returns' rule is turned on, sellers are at massive risk of losing a great deal of money...I have turned it off now...just a warning in case sellers have it unknowingly turned on, like I was...

Jenni

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Another reason to hit your head against ebay's brick wall

Have just finished my call with customer service, and they are accepting that it was a mistake to refund the buyer without having the item returned so I am getting an ebay voucher for $23 yay a win for me! Automatically refunded because there was only a small amount of money involved, however, as it was described correctly in the listing, they have admitted fault.

Thank you to Ebay Customer Service..

Hope everyone has a great day!

Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

Re: Another reason to hit your head against ebay's brick wall

Lucky you!

In this case it was a mistake but at least it has alerted you to a function that could have cost you dearly if allowed to remain.

Message 12 of 12
Latest reply