Another sendle cautionary tale

Just to add to the discussion about Sendle's poor service. I've used them previously around 10 times without issue, I actually thought the service was quite good and a bit cheaper than AusPost. The other week I sold an item and had it listed for Sendle pick up on the Monday. Monday came and went - no one arrived. Contacted Sendle who advised it'll be picked up automatically the next day - Tuesday came and went, still nothing. Same advice, and yet still a third day with nothing to be picked up. After Wednesday being the third day I contacted eBay who advised the parcel had to have pick up rescheduled - at no point was this communicated to me in any form which was disappointing. So I thought maybe that's where the issue was, apparently you have to go to the 'manage labels' section and go from there to reschedule. So I did that - Thursday at 2pm still nothing. I just decided I had enough, cancelled the label and took it to Australia Post. I used Sendle about 10 times before that without issue but the amount of hassle this caused me has pushed me right back to Australia Post. Never again! Still no explanation as to why no one ever showed up for FOUR days other than a 'sorry, we were really busy'.

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Oh and I forgot to add - every time I had to contact Sendle it took between 2 and 6 hours to get a response and then was just given the generic "Sorry, someone will come tomorrow" response. No support whatsoever.

Message 2 of 28
Latest reply

From what I understand, Sendle is more like a broker - they send a courier to pick up, but the courier could be from anywhere. Their customer support is awful.

My husbands business has been waiting for a scanner for over 5 weeks. I kid you not when I say that the item has been palmed from one courier "partner" to another until at least 4 different companies have handled this item and now it is lost.........

I've been using Aus Post exclusively for my items and have had very few issues. My buyers are paying for the postage, so I don't find it worthwhile to try and find a cheaper courier. At least with Aus Post I will always get a response from CS and a resolution to any of the very few issues that have cropped up

Message 3 of 28
Latest reply

Sendle is a business like eBay, they don't give a rats ass. Just profit. I understand that  .

Message 4 of 28
Latest reply

I see a lot of negative remarks on the boards about Sendle - usually from the same handful of the anti-Sendle brigade. However, based on my own personal experiences, I find most of them very difficult to believe. For every complaint I see about Sendle, I could point you to six similar complaints about Australia Post.

I've only had one occasion when the courier didn't pick up on the booked date. He was off work sick. To make up for it, the following day he showed up at 05:39am - he usually picks up between 10am and 12 noon - and the parcel was actually delivered at 19:04 that same day. Had nobody shown up on day 2, they'd have had to refund me the delivery fee in accordance with their guarantee. Please tell me just how many times Australia Post Standard Parcels are subject to same day delivery... and the recipient was over 250km away.

Sendle offer customer support via live chat between Monday 9am and Friday 5pm. Quoting that you waited for a reply for 2-6 hours is utter **bleep**, 2-6 minutes woukd be much more realistic.

As an example, at 23:44hrs on Tuesday 28th December (public holiday), it took me just 3 minutes to be connected with a customer support agent, and my 4 questions were all satisfactorily addressed without any hassles, and in almost no time whatsoever. Please tell me how many Australia Post customer service agents you can get in touch with at a quarter to midnight on a public holiday.

Sendle made 3 of my deliveries on Saturday Dec 25th, and a further 2 deliveries on Sunday December 26th. Good luck trying to get that type of service from Australia Post.

At the end of the day, Sendle out-perform Australia Post on at least 4 levels, being;

1. price

2. delivery speed

3. convenience 

4. customer support

At the moment, I couldn't be happier with the company.

Message 5 of 28
Latest reply

So they offer 9-5 service, but you were connected at almost midnight?

Riiiiggghhhhtt

Message 6 of 28
Latest reply

I wondered how long it would take you to pop up, but your failed attempt to belittle me really doesn't surprise me one iota. We all know that's just what you do.

As written in my previous post in plain English, Sendle customer support is available between the hours of 9am Monday and 5pm Friday. Just to clarify for those among us who are experiencing comprehension difficulties, that actually means they are available;

Monday 9:00am - 11:59pm

Tuesday 12:00am - 11:59pm

Wednesday 12:00am - 11.59pm

Thursday 12:00am - 11.59pm

Friday 12:00am - 5:00pm

So, given that I only posted a factual statement of events... "Riiiiggghhhhtt" it is

Message 7 of 28
Latest reply

Well - you must be very special.

Delivery partner operating hours

Our delivery partners typically pickup and deliver parcels Monday to Friday from 8am to 6pm. However, parcels won’t be picked up or delivered during public state holidays.

Message 8 of 28
Latest reply

No, not special at all. I just experience the same level of service afforded to every account holder. Nobody is stopping you from receiving the same - if you so desire.

It is what it is, so just deal with it and move on.

Message 9 of 28
Latest reply

Further to my previous reply, you do comprehend what is meant by the use of the word "typically", right? You do understand they are saying not to expect any parcel deliveries or pick-ups outside of those times, but they still can and do occur? You understand that, right?

I've never had a pick-up on a weekend or public holiday, but deliveries on these days are extremely common - just don't expect it or you might come unstuck.

Not only have a relatively high percentage of my parcels been delivered to my buyers on weekends and public holidays, but I've also received Sendle deliveries myself on a Saturday afternoon (my last 2 parcels in fact), and another at 22:38 on a Friday night.

It's pretty obvious they have those guidelines in place to cover them in the few instances where a third party courier (who doesn't operate outside those times), is tasked with the final leg of the journey.

Message 10 of 28
Latest reply