Answers to some of your Seller Release questions

Hi everyone.

We have read the posts you made about yesterday’s Seller Release and have done our best to answer some of the most common questions. We've posted it as a new thread in the eBay News & Information Board. I will ask the mods if they could move all the threads on this topic into that Board so that we can continue to hear what you need to know. If you have more questions, please make sure you post them there.

Joanna_Oz

The eBay Team

Message 1 of 40
Latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Re: Answers to some of your Seller Release questions

TROLLS!

Have a look some of us are over there already and have been for awhile.

I wonder who's fishin, hhmmm?

Message 21 of 40
Latest reply

still a fact though.

You want to have a hobby, you list over there all you like, still no sales.

Pay a little extra to be at the premier sellers site - here and you end up selling stuff and having $$$ in your pockets.

I know what I prefer

It's just like a little country town market with maybe a 100 vistors on a Sunday morn.

Compared to here with millions upon millions of loyal repeat customers who don't even think about any alternative sites before searching for what they want here and buying it.

Message 22 of 40
Latest reply

Its all relative , but at least the new fee structure creates a level playing field for all . For way too long people have been reaping profits from overcharging on postage and handling fees , making up the difference from a lower sale price.

Customers arent stupid , and Ebay is not forcing people to have free postage on items. Some items must be charged postage costs variable to buyers location . So it is what it is , if I say lowered my postage fees on some items to cater for inferior packaging would only result in damage to goods and in reality a false economy and no good at all to my business . 

Dont Change your Price , Change your Customer
Message 23 of 40
Latest reply

@aussie-picker wrote:

Its all relative , but at least the new fee structure creates a level playing field for all . For way too long people have been reaping profits from overcharging on postage and handling fees , making up the difference from a lower sale price.

That seems to be the case in a very minority of listings and is punishing the many for the sins of the few,(but they are going to

make lots of money out of this so any reason will do,even flimsy ones).

Customers arent stupid , and Ebay is not forcing people to have free postage on items.

Yes they are.

“We are trying to encourage more sellers to show one price for their item, including shipping,” said eBay B2C Marketplaces

senior director Hamish Moline.

“Our objective is to get them to shift their behaviour.

“Sellers that don’t respond to this may see a fee increase — in their eyes,” Mr Moline added.

That won’t be the only punishment. eBay will set its algorithms to demote items that have an additional cost for postage.

“You’re at risk of being ranked more lowly,” Mr Moline admitted.

Some items must be charged postage costs variable to buyers location .

This is where they'll start making unfair FVF on postage as the items will sell for less because they will be near invisible to

buyers.

So it is what it is , if I say lowered my postage fees on some items to cater for inferior packaging would only result in damage to goods and in reality a false economy and no good at all to my business . 

Sellers will have to add the extra 9.9% that this FVF will grab so buyers will actually have to pay more if the seller is to

maintain their profit margin.

In the end that might result in no sales and Ebay will get no FVF for a sale and/or postage.

Message 24 of 40
Latest reply

Have there actually been any answers forthcoming on this thread ? I mean other than the one's from the members ?

Why would the powers that be offer a thread to answer members concerns and then ignore the concerns ?

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 25 of 40
Latest reply

@2106greencat wrote:

Why would the powers that be offer a thread to answer members concerns and then ignore the concerns ?

At a guess...their servers are powered by the frustration and disappointment of Australian sellers.

😞 😞 😞 😞 😞  Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad 

Just to give 'em a boost. 

Message 26 of 40
Latest reply

This thread is not here to be answered by ebay even though they say it is, they employ people to sit and read what is being said or gauge the mood as it were.

When the mood changes to "let’s use couriers instead of ebay postage or Australia post"etc ebay gather that info and set about ensuring sellers can’t do it via policy change. Think about it as a cheap and easy way of gauging feedback and seeing what’s going on and staying one step ahead!!!

@2106greencat wrote:

Have there actually been any answers forthcoming on this thread ? I mean other than the one's from the members ?

From what’s been said here over the past few weeks you can bet the next release is being drafted already...

Message 27 of 40
Latest reply

There is only about a week's worth of business days before the new fee comes into effect.

Joanna posted three weeks ago.

Doe eBay read the boards? Not as a rule. eBay does not manage board content, another company does, Lithium.

crowdsupport, or forum management/maintenance, is what Lithium does, around the world.

But now, or with anything else that stirs up opinion, yes, they read the boards.

Forums like this can have known employees available to answer questions.

eBay doesn't...they should!

They could if they wanted to.

Telstra forums are maintained by Lithium also. But Telstra employees are on hand to help.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 28 of 40
Latest reply

eBay:

have eBay employees man the boards to help with eBay issues

listen to the opinions of the posters

do not say you will, then abandon it!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 29 of 40
Latest reply

2106greencat wrote:

So - where did we end up on this ANSWER thread.....

still waiting to hear from the lovely Joanna ?

Why am I not surprised. ?

bet that gets a response.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 30 of 40
Latest reply