Any one experiencing lower than usual sales

Sales have been dropping off for the last month or two. Gone from 6 to 10 or so sales per day to one or 1 or 2, sometimes none. I can't remember the last time I had days with no sales. No reason I can identify, same products, prices haven't been increased, competitions prices still the same.

Anybody experiiencing the same.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Yup there are many threads about this. I also have had sales drop off. Im now listing in other places (Gum tree quickslaes swapmeet etc) and sales there are picking up. I have asked around and it seems folks (the ones I asked anyway) are sick of trawling through hundreds of chinese ads to find what they want in Australia only to find the seller is drop shipper. 

Ebay has shot itself in the foot in Australia - but they dont care. 

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Yes - A HUGE drop here... honestly NEVER  had such a bad drop off as this week. Was chugging along nicely.... then nooo sales at all for over a week. That's never happened like that. I see in another thread "Tradingaccount2" has posted that they think it's to do with tinkering with  the new Sellers Hub. I think that could be it! When I look at the "impressions' section there, it says that impressions is down approx. 10%- on the last month ?? Why would impressions be down 10% in the lead-up to Xmas...strange because this is the start of Xmas buying usually (my way busiest time) & I was starting to get an increase in sales after some bad months. Then this total stop? Any more sellers in the same boat?

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Sorry about the slow reply, I had to go and pack my dismal 3 orders.

Tried quicksales last year just to have another selling platform without the HUGH selling fees. Ran it far most of the year including my biggest selling period Aug to end Nov. Had 1 sale in all that time. They don't appear to be getting the traffic.

Tried gumtree with a blacket ad directing lookers to me eBay shop. Hard to tell if it worked or not sales were consistant during that time, but I had a few hundred views on the add. Haven't heard of swapmeet online I thought it was like a car boot sale or trash and treasure, but I'll have a look. Thanks for the suggestions.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

If the figures in the new sellers hub are correct, your lucky. Mine are saying impressions down 35% and sales down 46%. My christmas rush usually starts August as customers start buying my cosmetic raw materials to make presents and things to sell at school fetes etc.
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Same here I have almost given up.Seems since I listed more my sales have dropped for some reason.I dont like the new hub really.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

How are going now Ameiliardcottage (& everyone else?) - still no sales?? That's my situation! No sales since 24 /10/16. Sooo strange as was having OK sales just before that!!

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Well wow - Ive now had one sale! Incredible drop off in sales, which is backed up with Seller Hub confirming how many less impressions we're getting at the moment!! Are a lot of you still seeing Impressions down, in your graph on the new seller hub? 

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

I,m not using the new seller hub and my sales are still ticking along reasonably well. I have found in the past that when ebay make very major changes to format, it often takes quite a while for them to sort out the bugs and get the new systems working effectively.

Personally I dont want to use my business as a guinie pig, so dont accept new systems the moment they come out. Give it a few months and it could be quite a good thing.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Reverted back to the old sellers hub, fir the first 8 hours then 3 sales in 1-1/2 hours. Have to see how it goes for the rest of the weekend.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply