Anyone dealt with ecomdash.com lister?

2 weeks ago I joined up with ecomdash.com product and listing manager.

I am at a stalemate with them at the moment, where I just want to list my products on ebay.com.au, but there is no choice of which ebay country to post too, everything is listed to ebay.com.

Speaking to their support they say that ebay.com is the international website and I simply use the business policies in ebay.com to choose which countries I list to http://www.bizpolicy.ebay.com/businesspolicy/manage

I have setup business polices and in the postage choices I cannot opt out of local postage in the US.

There is also the issue that the listing are in USD, which the support person told me ebay policies will automatically convert it when it posts it on the other countries website.

I am searching ebay business policies international finding it hard to locate any information that is along any of the trouble I am having.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

diobear0
Community Member

I'm on the ecomdash marketing team. Smiley Happy 

We do integrate with eBay.com, and eBay will allow anyone who is listing with us to push their products to international channels, but you're right that we can't list solely to an international channel without first listing on eBay.com. 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Do you really think that your items are going to sell better in the USA than in Australia?

Have you taken into consideration the exchange rate which will apply to all your items?  Have you checked out the difference in fees between the US and the AU sites?   Do you understand the rules and policies of the US site.....they are substantially different to here.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

diobear0
Community Member

I'm on the ecomdash marketing team. Smiley Happy 

We do integrate with eBay.com, and eBay will allow anyone who is listing with us to push their products to international channels, but you're right that we can't list solely to an international channel without first listing on eBay.com. 

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

I presume you are using the free trial, now you know that you have to list on the US site so if you don't want to do that just ditch them and try another lot. If you just want an alternative to TL then there are plenty of listing sites, without all the ecommerce solutions, available which can be used for a specific country

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

If you list on eBay.com, there is no way to not ship to the US. 

It's basically the same on every other eBay site, although there can be workarounds, they're convoluted and not designed to work by blocking the country you're primarily advertising to by listing on that particular site. (eg you will occasionally come across international sellers here on eBay AU, they show up in search results because by listing on eBay Australia, they must post to Australia, but... when you look at their listings, you won't be able to buy because they've used regional blocks to cover pretty much all of Aus. This practice is not recommended at all).

The site you list on also determines the currency of payments that are made. You can only be paid in USD if you list on the US site, and AUD if you list on the Australian site. PayPal will automatically convert other currencies to AUD, but most PayPal accounts are set up to accept USD by default, so you'll have two separate balances until you log into PayPal and manually convert the funds to AUD. If you remove USD from accepted currencies, any payments will then be automatically converted to AUD instead.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

I don't know them but it seems daft to choose a listing program that does not allow to directly list on eBay Australia (for all the reasons mentioned).

Depending on your volume, I would go for an alternative listing program. I am an Auctiva user for 10+ years.  Starts at $9.95 USA per month gets you 100 listings per month directly to eBay Australia if you want (1 Gig image hosting), or $14.95 for unlimited listings.  Listings are stored forever for future relists. 

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Thank you all for your input.

For some reason I forgot to tick the 'email when someone replies' box so I missed all your replies till now.

I worked it through with the support team there and can confirm the lister is only setup for US sellers by listing only to ebay.com. However if you list new listings outside of ecomdash they will happily sync in based on your local country, it is only when you try to create new listings in ecomdash.

I have a couple of stores on ebay and listing is the least of my worries these days, stock management causes the biggest headaches, overselling, stock take, purchase orders, undersold stock etc.

I have used auctiva, inkfrog & just migrating away from pushauction.

Auctivia and Inkfrog are primaraly listers and have basic inventory management.

Pushauction is both a lister and stock management system and they have spent alot of time building their system but for some reason they stopped development righ at the last bits of joining up the inventory system to the live listings so none of it syncs. I have emailed support, time and time again pleading with them to finish it and getting the same replies back about how they will pass it on, but there is no future plans at this stage to fix.

I have decided to stay with ecomdash as my product and order manager as it is going to solve a few problems in my business. As far as new listings go, I might look at auctvia or inkfrog or ebay to create new listings I am undecided at this stage as the migration from pushauction to ecomdash is my priority at the moment.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Easier said than done. Moving companies is a big task, I have staff to pay and quiet a few products to migrate. If I get it wrong it cost me alot of money, both in paying staff to help with migration but also the time taken away from selling and put into non productive admin duties.
Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

I am not ready to sell abroad, my focus is 100% on australia for the last couple of years. I would only list in other countries if I thought I was starting to saturate my markets and was looking to keep expanding. In which case yes I would understand I would be making only small profit on the overseas (eg US) markets due to all the extra costs associated, not to mention 'returns'.
Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

I've learnt from my research now the software market is split into 2 markets.

Product managers which can manage your stock across sales platforms (ebay, shopify, amazon) and listers.
Message 10 of 12
Latest reply