Aramex/Fastways non deliveries

Delivery of items bought under the eBay banner is a vital part of the eBay experience for both buyer and seller – yet remains mostly out of the control of either. Is anyone else having problems with Fastway Couriers, or any other couriers? I have recently had a refusal to deliver to the designated address for one parcel; even though they boast to deliver around the world;  and the other parcel was left  on the pavement outside the post office. The postmaster found it and RTS, but it's now lost. The second parcel is now showing as non existent in their system even though they wrote in an email on the 24th of January that they have it at the depot. I tried responding but noone is answering in chat, phone or email. Looks like a second item is also lost. I had a 50% off deal on both items. I can't rebuy the items at those low prices now. My advice to all is DON'T USE FASTWAYS/ARAMEX.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Many many many threads on here about Aramex

I'm sure just like all those people, your advice is not going to be taken notice of either 

But both parties (buyers and sellers) certain have a choice who is used to deliver

If the seller is using Sendle,  (courier broker) most likely, Aramex will be the courier Sendle gets

The lists state the postal service used, or the buyer can message the seller and ask before buying

I am not sure who it is out of a user's control, eBay do not choose what postage service is used 

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Yes have had similar experiences with Australia Post and TNT,  it is not unique,

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I think experience with Aramex is location dependant. I have had a number of deliveries by them now and most arrived overnight from interstate. 2 days from WA. I've never had one lost. They have always tried to deliver to the door, but sometimes we were both at work, so the parcel was taken back to the depot (delivery attempt confirmed on CCTV with them actually holding the parcel, not just dropping a card).

Sadly, many don't have the same positive experience. Those many won't buy from sellers who use them. I will, because my experiences have all been positive. However, if things turn bad, then I'll also boycott sellers who use them. I'm in regional NSW.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

I messaged the seller not to use them. Turns out the seller should've paid $15 to hand to Cochrane's because Aramex do not deliver here. Weird because their website says they deliver worldwide. I had to go to the depot to collect thw parcel. This cost me 2 hours of my time plus about $20 in petrol. The seller was good and refunded me the $35 saying to give them the money back if I get the parcel. I got the parcel but I paid for a service which I never received and my time is worth more than $35 for 2 hours. Telling the seller not to use Aramex fell on deaf ears. Now they have to wear that consequence. 

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply