Are FRAMA Stamps/Labels (MUH) legal to use for Postage in 2024 Australia

I purchased a number of Brand New (Mint) Australian stamps at a discount price and included in the bundle were $100 worth of $1.00 Frama stamps/labels. I’ve never seen them before. These framas were not pictured in the single listing photograph or mentioned the Description, as making up part of the purchase.  I certainly asked the seller “what are they?” and “are they legal to use as regular postage stamps”.  The seller said they were legal to use as stamps. 
I then did some Googling and couldn’t find any info/articles about Framas currently being used as postage on mail. Most of the info was focused on them as Collectibles. 
Can anyone please confirm if it’s okay to use Framas on mail?

Many thanks

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

As far as I know they're usable, as are all decimal Australian stamps, as long as the total amount adds up to the actual postage cost.

However, the occasional postal worker can be unaware of valid stamps, such as which Norfolk Island, Christmas Island or Cocos (Keeling) Islands stamps are valid - we had one recently who carded the buyer for insufficient postage even though the stamps were valid.   On the flip side, we've received many letters/parcels with invalid stamps (especially Norfolk Island) and have never been asked to pay extra postage.

This is one parcel we received a few years ago - it certainly gave our postmaster a good laugh.

SANY5429 - Copy.JPG

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Ring Aust Post.

Ask.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Thank you for that. I actually did think of that as a simple solution, however I was hoping I would hear from others who have actually used these Framas on letters, and perhaps they would share any negative experiences they had. 

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

I doubt they are useable - given the changes in postage costs.

You'd have to add & add.

From what I've read - collectables.

Just to add - you would give the PO staff a coniption. lol

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

As far as I know they're usable, as are all decimal Australian stamps, as long as the total amount adds up to the actual postage cost.

However, the occasional postal worker can be unaware of valid stamps, such as which Norfolk Island, Christmas Island or Cocos (Keeling) Islands stamps are valid - we had one recently who carded the buyer for insufficient postage even though the stamps were valid.   On the flip side, we've received many letters/parcels with invalid stamps (especially Norfolk Island) and have never been asked to pay extra postage.

This is one parcel we received a few years ago - it certainly gave our postmaster a good laugh.

SANY5429 - Copy.JPG

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

LOL - the address had to be small print.

Love it.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

@mytreechange wrote:

SANY5429 - Copy.JPG

Ha ha I love it! Thanks so much for your help. 

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

They are valid for use as postage, provided the face values add up to current legal postage rates.

They might even be popular with stamp-collector recipients.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply