Are people removing paypal as a payment option, and how do you do that to avoid double-dipping fees?

The new eBay rules demanding a 13% slice of payment (including the theft of postage costs) is bad enough, buyt it is a clear case of double dipping when people pay via paypal and you lose even more. This has been a disastrous change for eBay, pretty much made me decide to put sales on hold, but is there a way of refusing to accept paypal from within Australia to avoid this unfair double-dipping on fees?

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Are people removing paypal as a payment option, and how do you do that to avoid double-dipping f

Your choice. But your initial premise is still fallacious.

Message 11 of 23
Latest reply

Re: Are people removing paypal as a payment option, and how do you do that to avoid double-dipping f

no, it's not false.; that is what happened to me...twice. Ebay fixed the double-dipping problem after those two incidents. but i still don't like money coming into and out of my bank account. I had a separate paypal account that i kept for buying items and the change is annoying.

Message 12 of 23
Latest reply

It's happened to me nonce. And there was certainly no double-dipping. What you probably encountered was the fact that pre-MP fees were charged as per pre-MP.  Almost certainly a  cognitive issue.

My fees from eBay are in line with my fees from eBay/Paypal pre-MP. A little bit more as I no longer need to pay for a Featured store. But that is because I no longer need a Featured store. Or any store, but I've chosen to invest the $20 per month difference in appearing to be professional.

Message 13 of 23
Latest reply

@rickeap wrote:

no, it's not false.; that is what happened to me...twice. Ebay fixed the double-dipping problem after those two incidents. but i still don't like money coming into and out of my bank account. I had a separate paypal account that i kept for buying items and the change is annoying.

don’t be annoyed, under MP you can choose to have funds transferred to a PayPal account rather than a bank account.  That way you can carry on as if little has changed.

Message 14 of 23
Latest reply

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

don’t be annoyed, under MP you can choose to have funds transferred to a PayPal account rather than a bank account.  That way you can carry on as if little has changed.

I've been trying to work out that option, unsuccessfully

The only spot I can find to change things is accounts > payments but I only get the following options

Any tips? I'll try on another account later but have to get to work now

Thanks

payout.png

Message 15 of 23
Latest reply

Hello Lyndal,

Have you received PayPal payments that show no PayPal info in the PP account ?

I have received PayPal payment since that account on managed payments and it was charged the PP fee, and there's nothing at all different in the page invoicing of that payment to how they were outlined before MP.

> eBay Stores selling fees for managed payments sellers

right down the bottom of the page :

> Fees for using PayPal

> We don't charge fees for using PayPal on eBay. However, if you accept PayPal payments, PayPal will charge a fee when you complete a sale, and the buyer pays with PayPal.

Above info is obviously current as it's on the eBay's managements payments customer service page.

Message 16 of 23
Latest reply

So far I haven't seen a double dip Rick.

My sold items paid for using PP since being on managed payments have come through exactly as they did before MP, including the applied PP fee within that payment schedule.

If I take into account all total costs of sale from PP paid items to that of others sold and not paid for using PP ( with funds paid to my account using MP ), the total fees on similar sale item $ totals is basically identical.

Early days though as a few people on here are telling me my invoicing is wrong as they insist eBay/MP will be covering PP fees so I shouldn't see them in my PP invoicing.

Message 17 of 23
Latest reply

lyndal doesn’t sell, but she reads all eBay updates and announcements on all policy changes.  She knows about eBay.

Message 18 of 23
Latest reply

I'm closing up. I'm selling on  a new easy to use marketplace website its free to list and minimal fees and you can you still use paypal.

Message 19 of 23
Latest reply

All the best for your future endevours 😊 quite a few are disheartened by recent changes so I wish you well.

But don't make the decision based soley on the horror stories here, remember, people come here when they have problems, you rarely see anyone coming here to say how happy they are.

Also out of 180million sellers world wide, the number posting here are not a micro drop in the ocean.

Just saying....

Message 20 of 23
Latest reply