Are there Logistics or postage companies for eBay items?

Hello,

Am looking to go over to China for a few months to visit my suppliers, am wondering if companies exist where they will store you items and post it daily for you? 

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Regards

Nathan : )

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

I wouldn't go to china its too over populated and polluted and everything is poorly made in china hence everything is sent back there

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

My advice - Buy/Rent a shed, store it yourself and employ someone to pack and send for you.

To protect your own business and reputation, you really need to have control of your inventory and the supply chain,

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

I am an importer and the first thing you need to do is find a freight forwarder (here in Aus) that can handle your shipments.

You will not find any factory in China (or in many countries) that will ship item per item, they may agree to a pallet consignment, but even then it is really not worth thier while. They WILL require payment up front.

If you use Air (which may be cost prohibitive)  you can purchase less that way.

For bulk shipments, unless you are bringing in a container (smallest 20'GP) most factory's will not be too interested.

A consultant company will cost out to US but they charge a hefty fee, and duty will be payable for any shipment over $1000 AUD.

A forwarder can advise you of vessels avaialble to take consignments but you usually need to buy in bulk.

If you are talking about drop shipping - which a lot of eBay sellers use, someone else may be able to give more information.

If you have dealt with the suppliers for a long time, they may be able to offer alternatives from thier end, so best to speak to them when you are there.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

A company like Toll probably would.

After they receive the goods free of encumbrance.

As said, the minimum economical quantity is a container, shipped by ship. And you will be liable for duty and GST unless you can manage to fill a container with less than $1000 worth of goods at cost.

Plus, you become a dropshipper as soon as you contract storage and despatch to a third party, even if in Australia. With all the risks attendant thereto. Like YOU will be held responsible for despatch time, YOU will be held responsible for postage costs.

Like Crikey said, hire a unit in your closest Storage King and pick, pack and post yourself.

Being aware that, from August, 2% defects will impact TRS and 5% will see your account suspended. Neutrals and any 3 star will count as defects.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Oh charming.  You are being rude to a poster who posted on this 4 YEAR OLD thread when it was new.

I hope this is not going to b the way you respond to everyone.....it is not a good look for your very first post on the boards.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

ZOMBIE ALERT - this thread died a natural death 3 years ago.

Please do not resurrect,  it may eat your cat!

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

I did not resurrect it.....I just replied to a very rude first time poster as you can see if you look at the top of the post.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

I did not resurrect it.....I just replied to a very rude first time poster as you can see if you look at the top of the post.

Lyndal, it tells me the first post was made on "on ‎04-28-2014 02:41 PM".

Billexploited replied an hour and a half later.

The last post was by Dave "on ‎04-28-2014 07:30 PM "

Are you not seeing what I'm seeing?

Edit - My mistake, it's really 4 years old, not 3 as stated earlier.

Where are these things coming from?

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

I think there was another post just before Lyndal's and the post has been removed.

Newbies often search a topic and select the first thread that comes up without looking at the dates.

image host
Message 10 of 13
Latest reply