Non payer messaging me. Should I Reply?

Hi,

long story short -

winning bidder didn’t pay. Did a non payer case. I closed it 2 nights ago. 10 days now from end of auction. Tonight the non payer has started messaging me wanting to know where phone is. 20 minutes later  I just get - ‘hellooooo answer me’

they never paid and case has been closed. 

Do I reply or just ignore them?

Thankyou 

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If it was me I would just reply with something long the lines of you did not pay or contact me so the transaction has been cancelled.

If you closed the dispute and issued them with a strike there is nothing they can do anyway.  If they do happen to be able to leave a neg you can just ask ebay to remove it.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Sounds like they have no idea how eBay works.

I would ignore them and add them to your BBL with blocked comms.

Did you offer the phone to an underbidder ?

image host
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Thankyou 

yes i I offered to next bidder but received no reply. It was 8 days later so I understand. I will just relist. 

Even though bidder has 12 100% positive feedback, the last one says they were a non payer. Oh well. 

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Relisting sounds like the best thing to do and make sure the non payer is on your BBL so they can't bid again.

Also set your blocks if you haven't as this member may not have been able to bid in the first place with 2 or more unpaid strikes.

image host
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

As kopes has said but also I'd take out the part in your listing descriptions about payment needs to be made within 3 days because that won't stand as ebay allow 4 days to make payment.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

@tasysam74 wrote:

Thankyou 

yes i I offered to next bidder but received no reply. It was 8 days later so I understand. I will just relist. 

Even though bidder has 12 100% positive feedback, the last one says they were a non payer. Oh well. 

Buyers only have only been able to have 100% feedback for at least the last nine years.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Thankyou everyone for your help. 

‘I think I will just ignore the messages and relist. 😃

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Make sure you add them to your Blocked Bidders List too so they can't re-purchase. 🙂

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

No way I would reply to them

Could be one of those scammers who make a habit of not paying and then wait and message the seller 'where is my item" ... hoping they will trick the seller into thinking they have paid and send them a freebie 

Or they thing ebay is some kind of contest and their 'winning bid' means they guessed the right price and 'won' the item (seen that happen before)

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply