Are they fiddling again???

lolobgo
Community Member

Every time i go to my watch list lately i'm getting this message:

Sorry, we couldn't complete your request. Try again later.

so i have to refresh the page a couple of times and then it shows up.... 

Is anyone else having this problem? 

It's starting to peeve me right off..... 

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Are they fiddling again???

it is friday so it's possible

edited to say no problem here

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

A few have been having this problem this week. I'm not one of them though. Have you cleared your cache & cookies, used a different browser and/or rebooted the computer. Doing these things usually fixes those problems. 

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Yes, 

I fiddled around before i asked.

I wish they'd just leave it alone if it's not broken..... 

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

I had this problem for several days and I couldn't access my watchlist AT ALL.  Someone in the forums said to click on My Ebay Summary on the dropdown list that appears when you hover the mouse over My Ebay across the top of the page.  It worked but clicking on any of my other watchlist links didn't work.

It works better in firefox than in IE.

I'd already written to ebay about it before I found out how to access it.  This is their reply:

Thank you for contacting eBay and raising the issue of getting an error everytime you view the watchlist.

We have received similar reports about this from our members and our Technical Team is currently working on it.

I have already added your account information as one of the affected members.

I do apologise for the inconvenience but rest assured this will be dealt with utmost impostance.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

It started happening a week ago when eBay changed the watchlist page to a new format, the way around it is to open your summary in "my ebay", it's not ideal because it will only show 25 listings at a time but at least it gets you there every time.

"edit"    beat me to it rose........................... 

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

I was going to quote you as being the helpful person in the other thread, padi, but I couldn't remember your full username and I couldn't be bothered searching for the other thread.

Edit:  padi, I've been wondering whether your way works for people who have their landing page set to something other than their watchlist.  I rarely look at my watchlist on one selling ID so I have everything set so it's not on my landing page.  I must go and see whether I can access it, just out of curiosity.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Easy way to find a previous post of  yours rose is to click on your user name when you've posted on the boards (ie click on the user name on one of your posts,) then you'll see this screen :-

Capture.PNG

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Duh!! Yes, I was aware of that but I'd completely forgotten about it. Thanks for the reminder!

I just checked my other IDs and I can easily access my watchlist on those. It's just on my buying ID that I couldn't access it.
Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

@englishrosegardens wrote:

I just checked my other IDs and I can easily access my watchlist on those. It's just on my buying ID that I couldn't access it.

Now that's very interesting, so it's looks like it's an ID specific problem and not a general problem, I'll fire another email off to eBay about that (didn't get an answer from the last one, so might give a call-back the go this time)

Just out of interest, on your other ID's is the watchlist coming up in the new format or the old?

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply