Auction end times

My items are all auction with relists. Which is best to relist 10 days or 7 days? I am interested to see what you think. Thank you in advance for all input. Patricia.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Auction end times

I use 10....then you get 2 weekends in 🙂

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Auction end times

I use 3 days for auctions of rare or unusual items, but use BINS for normal stuff. I find that anything longer and it just drags on and buyers lose interest and forget about the listing. I get most of my watchers in the first 24 hours and rarely pick up more than two or three more watchers over the next two days. I schedule listings of similar items to finish at two minute intervals, starting at either 8.00 or 8.30 pm ( depending on number of auctions ) and prefer to finish on a week night or Sunday evening.

I dont worry too much about weekends, as people seem to find my stuff at any time, but avoid finishing auctions on Friday or Saturday nights as people tend to go out these evenings. 

Just listed half a dozen auctions this morning, scheduled to begin tonight and finishing Monday evening using this system.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Auction end times

I use 10....then you get 2 weekends in 🙂
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Auction end times

I also prefer 10 days unless they are small items buyers would want immediately.

Also tick the box to get the 8 free relists if it is showing in your listings.

image host
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Auction end times

I use 3 days for auctions of rare or unusual items, but use BINS for normal stuff. I find that anything longer and it just drags on and buyers lose interest and forget about the listing. I get most of my watchers in the first 24 hours and rarely pick up more than two or three more watchers over the next two days. I schedule listings of similar items to finish at two minute intervals, starting at either 8.00 or 8.30 pm ( depending on number of auctions ) and prefer to finish on a week night or Sunday evening.

I dont worry too much about weekends, as people seem to find my stuff at any time, but avoid finishing auctions on Friday or Saturday nights as people tend to go out these evenings. 

Just listed half a dozen auctions this morning, scheduled to begin tonight and finishing Monday evening using this system.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Auction end times

10 days with "automatic relist 8 times for free" enabled, that gives the item 90 days to sit there if it's a slow seller, compared to relisting once a month (and taking a free listing every time) with Good 'til Cancelled.
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply