Aus Post Tracking Updates

Just a heads up on the Delivery Notifications  on the Aus Post Tracking Window on ebay.

I've been keeping an eye on a couple of my items going to NSW and Victoria and was getting a bit worried as neither had been updated since lodged at the Post Office.(Qld)

One was dated 3rd August and the other was 28th July. I had not heard from either of my Buyers so I thought I'd got a couple of patient souls!

This morning I checked again and found the Delivery Time Line had been updated and my August  Parcel was delivered on the 11th and the JUly parcel had been delivered on 4th Aug.

It's no wonder I didn't hear from my buyers - they'd already received them. I spent a few anxious hours waiting for the dreaded 'Where is my parcel' message for no reason.

I don't know if the problem is with ebay or AP - anyone else having this issue?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Yes, last/this week a package I was waiting on from NSW didn't have its tracking updated until a couple of days after it had arrived at my PO Box.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

I use a PO box and whilst there have been no problems getting the scan done at my LPO, intermediate scans have been very much hit and miss for several months now. Presumably a COVID-19 effect.........

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

@pancaket52 wrote:

It's no wonder I didn't hear from my buyers - they'd already received them. I spent a few anxious hours waiting for the dreaded 'Where is my parcel' message for no reason.

When an item gets the ' delayed' note in My Post or has been stuck somewhere for over a week, I send the buyer a message saying I'll start a missing item action with Australia Post if nothing has happened by the end of the week. Usually I get an email back saying " The parcel arrived x days ago thanks". Or they are happy to wait longer.

Sometimes it is worth prodding the sleeping tiger.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

We have adopted the opposite action seeing the delayed deliveries in MyPost and not taking proactive approach to contact the buyer. It seems the deliveries are going fine, just the tracking information taking days.

A clever unscrupulous buyer can take advantage of you if the tracking information is not updated... had one buyer take advantage of that 3 times ! He knew the 'game'.
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

@south.coffee wrote:
We have adopted the opposite action seeing the delayed deliveries in MyPost and not taking proactive approach to contact the buyer. It seems the deliveries are going fine, just the tracking information taking days.

A clever unscrupulous buyer can take advantage of you if the tracking information is not updated... had one buyer take advantage of that 3 times ! He knew the 'game'.

Yep, the honest buyers will patiently wait anyway, like I would. If it takes 2 months to arrive, big deal if it's not urgently needed, an opportunistic thief however, might jump all over it

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

@paper-jack wrote:

@pancaket52 wrote:

When an item gets the ' delayed' note in My Post or has been stuck somewhere for over a week, I send the buyer a message saying I'll start a missing item action with Australia Post if nothing has happened by the end of the week. Usually I get an email back saying " The parcel arrived x days ago thanks". Or they are happy to wait longer.

Sometimes it is worth prodding the sleeping tiger.

And sometimes the sleeping tiger is best left asleep

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

My experience is just the opposite.

I have had 7 large parcels delivered from Victoria since mid July.  Five of them arrived within 6 days and the tracking was updated within 10 minutes of delivery.

The last two were slower.....9 days after buying I received a card in my letterbox to say that they were at the PO.  When my OH went down that afternoon it was the wrong card...for someone in another street and the PO swore my parcels were not there.

That evening MyPost sent a message that the 2 boxes were at the PO but as it was Friday we did not collect till the following Monday.  The tracking had been updated before my OH arrived home with the boxes.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply