eBay Marketplaces GmbH fees - I am not happy that any fees have been deducted from my account

nero158
Community Member

I am very unhappy that any fees at all have been deducted from my bank account from eBay Marketplaces GmbH.  Who and what are they and how dare they deduct money with no authority from me.  Very very unhappy Ebay

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

eBay Marketplaces GmbH fees - I am not happy that any fees have been deducted from my account

imastawka
Honored Contributor

It's probably the fees for your sale in March.

Check the invoice.

Selling is not fee free.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Seeing as you would have read the rules before selling on eBay you would have known about the fees.

You sold some ink catridges in March so you already gave eBay authority when you set up your account for selling.

Or perhaps you have forgotten.

image host
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

eBay do not read here

If you are not happy about paying fees (which you did authorise by using the site to sell items) then best not sell anything else after the listing you have now (which you will also be paying fees on)

And the 21 day hold on funds as a new seller also apply 

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Wow, time to delist your account.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

I had no idea that there were fees involved for selling an item on ebay

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Ebay is not a charitable institution.  How do you think they survive without fees?

Final Value Fees

We charge a final value fee for each item sold, calculated as a percentage of the total price paid by the buyer, including shipping. How much you pay depends on the category in which you sell. If you sell in 2 categories, you’ll pay the higher of the 2 final value fees.

Listing FormatFinal Value Fee

Auction or Fixed-price 10.9% of the total sale amount, to a maximum $440 per item Classified Ad $44.00 for items sold with Best Offer (available in the Services category)

https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/selling-fees

It pays to read up before selling.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/selling/start-selling-ebay?id=4081&st=3&pos=3&query=Start%20sel...

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Is this the new way to pay, instead of a normal invoice received via email and deducted from my bank account as previously authorised some years ago?  Happy to pay fees but didn't realise fees would be via PayPal and into a German company. 

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply