Aus Post theft

To say I am furious with Aus Post would be an understatement!

Last week a buyer contacted me about a parcel that hadn't arrived. I checked the tracking and it showed lodgement, but nothing after that. Opened an enquiry with Aus Post, they couldn't find it and have reimbursed me.

Today I get another enquiry from a different customer about her parcel and it turns out that it was posted on the same day as the first one and also only shows lodgement, but no movement.

These were both satchels with orders valued over $70 each.

Two other letter rate items which were posted the same day seemed to have arrived fine.

So, now the question is:

1) are the PO workers stealing?

2) or is the pickup guy stealing?

I've been using that PO for over 15 months with zero issues, so I'm pretty devasted

AAAAAARGHHHH!

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Aus Post theft

I would be lodging an official complaint with the higest up you can, and posting a complaint on AP's Facebook wall (if you have Facebook)

That stinks of more than rotten fish to me Woman Mad

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Aus Post theft

An AP truck sometimes crashes and catches on fire.

Might pay to mention it to your local PO in case they hear of other cases and discover there is a problem.

image host
Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Aus Post theft

Thanks Kopes, but 2 out of the 4 items posted that day made it, just the most valuable ones didn't.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Aus Post theft

Kopes - you were absolutely right!

I lodged the second complaint and have heard back from them that a truck from Perth to QLD and NSW caught on fire the day after I posted the 2 items. Some items were undamaged and that's why they made it to their destination, but unfortunately the 2 parcels were lost.

I gotta say I'm floored!

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Aus Post theft

Kopes polishes his crystal ball nearly every day cushions - that's perhaps why he's "on the ball" so often.......................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Aus Post theft

So , are you going to be reimbursed? (Just wondering). 🙂

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Aus Post theft

Hi Meekamag - yes, I will be fuilly reimbursed.

The item from yesterdays case ($75 value) was covered up to the standard $50.00 plus another $50.00 as goodwill and todays item, which was valued at $66, will be covered in full as well.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Aus Post theft

Sherlock kopes always glad to be of assistance. detective-smiley-emoticon.gif

image host
Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Aus Post theft

screamingdemon_2007
Community Member
We've had a ton of this in the last year, we use tracking where practicle and on any items valued at over $30. For the rest, we keep record of the 100 diget item number Auspost gives us.
Things go missing all the time, ironically its usually always the last one you had in stock too...
Message 10 of 10
Latest reply