AusPost Rip Off

THE AUSTRALIA POST RIPOFF .. THANKS TO MALCOLM TURNBALL AND ITS OVERPAID CEO AND EXECUTIVES .. On the ABC 7.30 report last night Malcolm Turnball was explaining why this increase to $1 for a stamp was necessary, along with a MASSIVE reduction in service – delivery times can be expected to DOUBLE! As Communications Minister in the Abbot Government, this increase in price and decrease in service was approved by Malcolm Turnball. Conveniently, Malcolm forgets to tell the Australian public some highly relevant facts. Recently Australia Post which is totally government owned and has been for 200 years, announced the loss of 900 jobs, being part of a cut back program. The CEO of Australia Post is a Muslim, Ahmed Fahour who was born in Lebanon and came to Australia in 1970. In 2009 he was made Managing Director and CEO of Australia Post. His salary package was estimated to be worth $4.8 million last year. Of this he donated about $2 million to the Islamic Museum of Australia located in Melbourne. That’s simply immoral and clearly the CEO can afford to give away nearly half his takings to an Islamic Museum as he doesn’t need it, and surprise, surprise .... it's tax deductable. The founder and director of the Museum is former Macquarie Bank executive ..., Moustafa Fahour - Ahmed Fahour’s brother. Moustafa’s wife, Maysaa, is the chairwoman and Director. The Fahours’ sister, Samira El Khafir, is Head Chef and manages the restaurant on site. How can the CEO of the Post Office earn so much, especially when the postal service is bleeding money from letter delivery. No employee is worth 5 million a year and especially not from a government owned business. The Prime Minister of Australia earns a modest $507,000 considering the real burdens of office, so how does the bloke in charge of the Post Office receive $4.8 million? The top Federal Public Servants in Australia have salaries of between $665,600 and $844,800. Let’s look further. The head of the US Postal Service with 19 times more staff and 11 times more revenue than Australia Post receives $550,000. In France the head of their post office was paid $1.1 million with a staff compliment of 268,000 employees. What a country full of mugs are we to sit by and let all this happen There is an unpleasant and some would say 'sinister' unbalanced agenda in Australia, which in the end preys on the average citizen, we the people. We are no longer the lucky country and we are no longer wealthy and this particular game of Post Office reveals major fractures and faults on a number fronts in our society and culture. Who is running the Country, who is pulling the levers and who is going to win? We the Mugs who are paying the bills through our taxes deserve to know.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: AusPost Rip Off

Really sad to see this spate of jealousy and bigotry from 2010silversun.

Yes most CEOs are overpaid and there should be laws and regulations to protect us, the consumers. But they can still spend their money anyway they want. Where they come from and who they are in their private lives is no concern of yours. Look at yourself and try to become what they are. Most people I know worked their way to the top through shear hard work. Not by complaining about other people’s heritages and spending habits.

Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

amazing  where do i say 1000s of houses mmmm   my street alone has 300 houses allow for units prob 500 for a start , and the postie does all the off streets as well , and a lot of the times you get a letter to the household so everyone gets those,   so a 1000 letters would prob happen on some runs   my street alone 500  and he delivers to more than my street and what about the shopping centre  how many letters do you think the small supermarket gets.

Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

According to Australia Post

Posties deliver to 900 – 1,200 delivery points every day

12.6 million letters to 11.3 million addresses across Australia every day (1.1/address)

A Postal Delivery Officer (Postie) earns on average $22.92/hour (cf CEO $approx $1500/hr)

The above indicates it costs approx 19.8 cents / indivdual delivery in Postal Delivery Officer (Postie) wages. There is then the cost of moving mail between mail centres on top.

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

thank you for the answere    i mean theres new apartments in brunswick alone that has 410 apartments  in 1 block .

Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

as usual in the paper there are complaints  about the post, but the cartoonn was a good one today.

with the big boses around the table

[the only good thing about our deliveries being so slow is that the complaint letters take longer to get to us]

Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

Anyone who pays tax is a pseudo share holder in AP. The fact that the country is cutting medical services before cutting the AP fat cats wages is galling for most I think. The crux is the fact the guy has run a profitible business into the ground, not whatever religious denomination he is. Although, using a family run trust as a tax dodge for his "donations" is on the nose, as it would be for anyone.

"Australian taxpayers pay more than $4 million each year to someone to run a publicly owned utility that is performing terribly". And that Fahour is paid many times more than the head of the US Postal Service. "Fahour's salary isn't merely high, it's completely off the scale." Twenty of his executives are on packages worth more than $500,000, four of them earning more than $1.2 million each." This is from an interview in the Sydney Herald.

This coupled with the polies Canberra bubble thinking that they can fly a chopper and RAF planes for personal transport is half the countries deficit, not to forget golden credit card for the dinners and lunches.

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

But for those of us who pay for postage and have to PICK UP our mail ourselves AP sucks. The cost of a PO box because we have no locals delivery is excessive and I recently cancelled ours .

I have to collect my mail over the counter so my mail is not delivered and I do not get what I pay for . Delivery to the nearest PO is not the same .

There are so many cases like mine , many country towns do not have mail deliveries.

While the $1 letter rate sounds like a good deal considering the costs involved , the other Letter Rates went up as well so AP could take advantage of items being posted that are purchased online etc .

I'm glad I stopped selling online , there's no money in it now . AP isn't only killing off it's own business it effectlively killed of many small ones as well.

Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

"The CEO of Australia Post is a Muslim..."

What does that have to do with what he's paid? The guy at the kebab shop is a Muslim too, as is the Pakistani working in just about every 7-Eleven and Maccas/HJs.
Message 18 of 18
Latest reply