Auspost BX1 Box

Can anyone help with this please? If I use eBay postage labels, for a BX1 box, does it have to be an eBay box, or even an Auspost box, or can I use my own box if it fits the dimensions?

Cheers,

Penny
Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Auspost BX1 Box

Hi Penny; I use my own recycled boxes & sometimes padded bags. As long as its under the weight my local PO just scans the parcel & gives me a reciept. They don't seem to worry about the dimensions - as long as it's not a huge great box! I use ebay post labels printed here @ my home & just say "Only 1 to scan today - of whatever) Nary a problem. Most times they don't even weigh my parcels.

Message 2 of 21
Latest reply

Auspost BX1 Box

Thanks Redders, it means the difference of about $6 on an $18 (incl postage) sale.  I was hoping to get it packed and away in the morning without having to buy a box.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 3 of 21
Latest reply

Auspost BX1 Box

When creating the eBay Aus Post postage labels there are options to either use the Aus Post flat rate items or your Own Packaging.

If you select the Bx1 Flat Rate price you have to use the Aus Post Bx1 box. If you select Own Packaging you can use any box.

Message 4 of 21
Latest reply

Auspost BX1 Box

Yeah, but it is going to TAS and own packaging is double the BX1 box, for a 580gm parcel, even with eBay rates.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 5 of 21
Latest reply

Auspost BX1 Box

You've answered your own question then. If you use your own packaging you can't use the ebay rate for AP's Bx1 box.
Message 6 of 21
Latest reply

Auspost BX1 Box

Not sure where the $6 comes from.

The boxes are $1.75 in singles.

Message 7 of 21
Latest reply

Auspost BX1 Box

I have no eBay packaging on hand, so if I use my own packaging, even with eBay discounts it is $15 and change.  If I can use a BX1 box it is $9 and change with the box price incl, but I don't have time to order eBay boxes, hence the question of whether I can use an eBay label on an Auspost box.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 8 of 21
Latest reply

Auspost BX1 Box

@pennyforum14 wrote:

I have no eBay packaging on hand, so if I use my own packaging, even with eBay discounts it is $15 and change.  If I can use a BX1 box it is $9 and change with the box price incl, but I don't have time to order eBay boxes, hence the question of whether I can use an eBay label on an Auspost box.

Print the label.

Then just pack the item so it fits inside the B1 box and take a bit of extra packaging and stick tape to put the

label on with,(or however you put it on).

Then go to the PO and buy the box > add the item and packaging > put the label on and send it,good.gif

I only buy the B1 boxes from the PO.

Message 9 of 21
Latest reply

Auspost BX1 Box

Thanks go-tazz, that was the plan, but I wanted to be sure it wouldn't land me in trouble at the PO.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 10 of 21
Latest reply