Auspost BX1 Box

Can anyone help with this please? If I use eBay postage labels, for a BX1 box, does it have to be an eBay box, or even an Auspost box, or can I use my own box if it fits the dimensions?

Cheers,

Penny
Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Auspost BX1 Box

The official position from Australia Post is the B1 box rate at $7.40 is discounted for eBay sellers on the understanding that you puchase an AP B1 box, and this rate should not be used when using any other form of packaging.  However some Post Offices do not enforce this and some eBay sellers have been using the B1 box label with their own packaging for some time without being "sprung".  Irs a bit like items sent at letter rate when the thickness is greater than 20mm - you shouldn't do it and one day you may get pulled up in the delivery network and charged the additional postage.

Message 11 of 21
Latest reply

Auspost BX1 Box

tazz didn't suggest you use your own packaging, but to buy a proper AP box at the PO and pack the item while you're there.
Message 12 of 21
Latest reply

Auspost BX1 Box

Hey guys I don't know if anyone has experienced this or not recently but I have had huge dramas with ebay labels and Australia post. I sold a pair of abs plastic hubcaps a few weeks ago which is roughly the 8th pair I have sold on eBay. I followed suit with what other sellers with the same items were listing as their postage method a large b4 box (I can't find an option for own packing on the eBay postage options is it called something else?) the b4 box postage price is actually more than the price the post office charge over the counter so Australia post were actually getting more money off me from the get go. However I used my own packaging. I lodged my parcel without a worry at my local post office and 3 times they sent them only have them returned each time saying that the label needs to read own packaging and not b4 box. Eventually the post office phoned the buyer to tell them there was a problem with the packaging and they couldn't send it. The buyer contacted me and I went in and paid for postage AGAIN to have it sent. A few days later the. User contacts me again saying she is not happy that I have sent her broken hubcaps. She sent through pictures and both were completely cracked. They were brand new when I posted them!! These things are not easy to damage, my partner ran over one in his Prado this week 4 times as a bit of an experiment after this issue and it didn't have a mark on it!! So not only did I pay double postage I also had to refund the buyer and am out of pocket for the original cost of the items. My partner had taken a parcel in for me around the same time to another post office and they said the own packaging thing as well and made him pay postage again too. I have called ebay and the girl on the phone was not comprehending what I was telling her so I asked for an Australian to cAll me back. No call was ever returned. I wrote a lengthy email through my eBay app and when I pressed send it rejected my email and deleted everything I had written. I tried to make a claim through Australi post but they need to view the item and it's original packaging to assess whether it was damaged due to poor packaging. I don't have the package!! It's in qld and I'm in nsw. I can't ask the buyer to take it To the post office and do all of the claim paperwork. This is a total joke!! I'm not using eBay labels ever again. It costs less to do it over the counter and at least then I know it's done right.
Message 13 of 21
Latest reply

Auspost BX1 Box

i'll try to make this as brief and to the point as possible without babbling on. 

you can't use ebay labels unless they are done using the correct postage option. as such, the BX4 label can ONLY be used when it's placed on a BX4 box. this is to do with the fact that it has some flat rate postage costs up to 5kg. 

i believe, what you needed to have done is select the "Australia Post Parcel Post Parcel" option and then put in the dimensions of the parcel and the weight and then the label will charge you the correct price based on what you have entered. The label will also read "OWN" on it. this works as well for Australia Post Express Post Parcel if you want to send via Express Post.

as for the item being damaged - if you did package it correctly - then one of two things has probably happened; another massive parcel has fallen on it breaking the items (probably unlikely if a car was able to drive over it numerous times), or the buyer has broken them deliberately in order to get a refund. 

hope this information helps. if you don't find the options you need on the ebay label system - you can always use the MyPost (Australia Post's) labelling system which is at https://auspost.com.au/mypost-business 

one thing i would suggest doing in future - which i have done since reading these forums and having one bad experience myself is to take 2 moments to photograph the packaged item prior to sealing and also photograph the front of the package / label when it's ready to send. can come in very handy when it comes to issues with Aus Post / difficult buyers. 

Message 14 of 21
Latest reply

Auspost BX1 Box

@raragriffiths1 wrote:
 This is a total joke!! I'm not using eBay labels ever again. It costs less to do it over the counter and at least then I know it's done right.

It's quite simple,eBay labels are supposed to be used with the B1,($7.40),B2,($12.05) or B4,(15.75) boxes).

If you use your own packaging then the PO doesn't get the money for the boxes and that's why it not

supposed to be used.

There is an agreement between the PO and eBay to use eBay labels IF you use the correct packaging.

Message 15 of 21
Latest reply

Auspost BX1 Box

If you are not using the Aus Post flat-rate satchels or boxes you can still use the eBay Postage Labels with your own packaging.

Select Parcel Post and enter the parcel's weight and dimensions.

own_packaging.JPG

Message 16 of 21
Latest reply

Auspost BX1 Box

Sorry Im-entertainment, I didn't read your post and have hit reply on the wrong post. Please ignore my post  ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 17 of 21
Latest reply

Auspost BX1 Box

The information given on the website is conflicting. And I am trying to find out what is the deal with satchels.

In the below, it seems like only boxes need eBay or Aus Post packaging: http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/ebay-for-business/ebay-postage-labels "When using eBay or Australia box labels, you need to purchase the packaging at the Post Office or online on eBay at the Australia Post Store. ..."

But here, it sounds like *any* "eBay Australia Post Flat Rate..." labels need eBay packaging (from the table): http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/pay/shipping-services.html

And here, it sounds like I can use anything: http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/pay/questions/print-labels.html "You can use your own packaging or buy eBay Australia Post flat rate satchels or boxes from Australia Post's eBay Store."

lm-entertainment I did the photograhing thing too on my first sale as a newbie just in case because I am paranoid.

I also prefer handing in over the counter because they give a receipt only the Aus Post staff are rather over-zealous about getting customers to use the automatic service machine (rather than the counter) and just drop it off into the box.

Message 18 of 21
Latest reply

Auspost BX1 Box

yeah, it certainly is confusing - but i don't think it is conflicting - they just don't seem to have laid it out too clearly.

basically, you can use either the ebay flat rate satchels, the Australia Post flat rate boxes, or your own packaging with the ebay postage label service. 

the important things are that if you are using your own packaging, you don't select any of the other options for satchels or flat rate boxes and instead choose "Own Packaging." 

the flat rate box rate can only be used if you use an Australia Post flat rate box, which are purchasable from the ebay Australia Post store or at physical post offices. they don't have any ebay branding on them. 

the flat rate satchels can also be purchased from the ebay Australia Post store and have ebay branding on them and need to be the ones that are used for the "flat rate satchel" rate when you're printing / creating postage labels through ebay.

the only time you should run into problems is if you select the wrong option for the wrong packaging type when creating an ebay postage label, as this will alter the rate you're charged.

i'm pretty sure i have that 100% correct, but if not, please feel free to correct me :] 

i can't speak for the parcel drop facilities as my local PO only has a counter and no other ability to drop off parcels. i don't think there's any issue in insisting that you get a lodgement receipt and do it over the counter, as for paypal claims, you'll need to have that lodgement receipt to be protected by "seller protection." 

i've done a lame little mock-up, which hopefully explains the postage options better. 

Message 19 of 21
Latest reply

Auspost BX1 Box

Unless she was someone with a good track record (stars), she likely had two broken hubs to begin with, ordered yours to replace them, then claimed yours came broken to get the money back.
Message 20 of 21
Latest reply