Auspost Tracking not being updated

For the last week to 10 days my tracking information on ebay is not being updated, leaving me and my customers confused as to the delivery status of the purchases/sale items in question.

I know this because

1. I contacted one buyer whose item had appeared in the tracking as 'in transit' for 10 days only to be told by them that they had received their item.

2. The tracking information on the auspost website for the same items IS updated.

I have messaged ebay about this and hopefully they will 'pull their finger out' and do their job !!!

Anyone else having this issue ?

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

yep I have noticed AP tracking is often more current that that provided on Ebay

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

Here is the issue I get every time when I use my click and send account (linked to ebay). If I print a postage label using C&S at the end after paying and getting tracking number, C&S system sends this tracking number on to ebay's invoice (correct), item marked as sent (correct), carrier name added as  "AUSPOST" (wrong). (should be transferred as "Australia Post")  Ebay's tracking system doesn't recognise the word "AUSPOST" as a carrier, it recognises only "Australia Post". The result of this the tracking numbers on the ebay's "order details page" doesn't work. (full tracking history button unclickable and you can't edit/correct this carrier name on the ebay's tracking page to "Australia Post", the page saves the new carrier name but in the order details/invoice page still stays as "AUSPOST" I guess its because this tracking information comes from the 3rd party authorised C&S application) I can confirm this, tried and checked this many times. if I use my prepaid satchels purchased from Australia Post, I put the tracking numbers manually on to the ebay's order details page (clicking by add/edit tracking) If I write AUSPOST the tracking shows nothing, if I write Australia Post as carrier name, the tracking works as usually. Or if the payment is made by paypal, I can add and save the tracking information manually on to the paypal's invoice page and again if I write the carrier name as AUSPOST, paypal sends this info on to the ebay's invoice page, the tracking doesn't work with this AUSPOST word, but If I type Australia Post the tracking works perfect. There is no tracking problem when printing postage labels & getting tracking numbers on ebay's page as the carrier name shows right as "AustraliaPost"

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

Maybe, just maybe, eBay don't want you to use C&S, so make it extremely frustrating to get you to switch to using the eBay postage!  Now that's probably not the real reason, just being a bit cheeky!

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

I've found that the tracking, for both my purchases and sales, seem to take anywhere from 6 to 18 hours to show as delivered on eBay. I can't vouch for the sales, but I know for my purchases, everything gets scanned when delivered or picked up from the PO. I'm not sure how their scanner thingies work, maybe they get uploaded into the system at some point through the day, which might account for the delay? Although, I think most of the time the AP tracking page shows as delivered within an hour or 2 of being scanned. The delay is getting it through to eBay.

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

I am currently in the same situation. My item was delivered by Australia Post 5 days ago, however on eBay's tracking page it is still 'out for delivery' which means that PayPal is still holding onto my money and won't release it until they have confirmation from eBay that it has been delivered. Very frustrating.

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

Same is happening to me. I use ebay postage and they still aren't updating.  For one of them the tracking number was deleted altogether even though I can see the purchased label in the Postage Labels tab, and AP website shows as delivered.

The only one that's shown accurate tracking in the last fortnight is the one that belongs to an older red satchel I dug out and sent.

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

What would be really good would be for you to reply to the CURRENT thread about this, rather than dragging up a FIVE YEAR old thread. There is a fair chance that the issues then aren't the issues now.

And your post adds nothing to this thread.

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

I have the same problem only it is growing. I have 20 orders that have been delivered according to the Australia Post tracking system and they go back as far as mid April 2021 or around 4 weeks ago. I purchase and pay for all of my Australia Post labels through eBay so the tracking numbers are assigned automatically. I have had several discussions with eBay help chat however there is no resolution. This will be affecting both my delivery stats and payments. It is really unacceptable.

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

Refer my previous response.

I highly doubt the issues extant in 2015 are the issues you are experiencing now.

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply