Auspost taking weeks to deliver domestic letters....Sales way down....

Auspost taking weeks to deliver domestic letters....

Last week after earlier refunding a nice customer, the letter then shows up after 28 days and it only went 40km.

Now i get 2 more today asking where there letters are after 2 weeks in the post, one 50km away and the other 15km.

Auspost has a recording saying there are delays but this is rediculous. There goes my top rating...

Ebay should send out a blanket email when this happens so people know.

And on top of that domestic sales are way down.... Did someone drop the ball......Usually so calm but getting really P#$%&** off now.

Its making selling here so not worth it.

Message 1 of 73
Latest reply
72 REPLIES 72

They seem to be forcing the priority letter stamps on people every other day. I line up at the post office and they say to every customer if they want it. I only use them if I post something late. I wish I had a business that I could double the price on like 5 billion items.

AusPost should have gone down the rout of 3 day a week deliveries, but noooo, poor postie will loose his/her job and there is nothing left for the magpie to chase 2km down the road. I am sorry but if something isn't sustainable then thats it. I am sure centerlink will help with the dole bludgers after they loose their job. That was a joke ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 11 of 73
Latest reply

For the business whose eBay account I run, I use PB3's (small parcel", under 500 grams) for the majority of items I send - 20-30 a week - and have only had two actually go missing since January.

I use our company's account; all items have a tracking label, and all are lodged over the counter at my local post office. I'd have sent out probably 1000 items since January - two are lost in action, maybe ten or so have been reported as late. Everything else has made it OK.

Our letters (mostly comprised of monthly statements) usually get sent out in batches of 50 or so, again, lodged over the counter at the local P.O. Not sure on delivery times there, but they all seem to arrive...

With my personal eBay account, it's usually A5 or A4 sized envelopes - of the 200 or so I'd have sent this year, none missing that I'm aware of, and delivery times seem OK.

Again, these are handed over the counter, not dropped in a post-box. May make a difference?

Express Post, on the other hand, has become hideous - "next day" between major cities has become an estimate instead of a guarantee, 3 to 4 days is becoming common...

Message 12 of 73
Latest reply

I do use the priority stickers - but since they can't be tracked, there is no proof they actually work. To try it out, I sent myself two letters last time I was away in Sydney, back to Tasmania, one with priority, one without and sure enough they both arrived together. Small sample size I know - maybe someone else has tried the same thing with better results. 

Also I am not sure why they made the priority stickers predominantly white (the same as the majority of envelopes). Surely they can be easily missed.

Message 13 of 73
Latest reply

Whenever I get them they don't stick properly, I worry about them peeling off. The next step in AusPost grand plan is to increase the price of them, that way they don't look so bad. The obviousely can't increase the price of a letter much more, or it becomes a parcel.

Message 14 of 73
Latest reply

bubblegh - My elderly mother relied on weekly letters from the hospital to adjust her Warfarin blood thinning drug. She has a pacemaker. She used to get letters from a blood test done @ the hospital on Friday come in the mail on the following Monday. The hospital is about 10km away.

After the new letter system was introduced it took 2 weeks for the letters to arrive. This could have killed her if she got her dosage wrong & nearly did!

Now the hospital nurse comes to her @ home & the tests are returned the same day by road courier. Thankfully no extra cost to a very old lady; But how much have Government costs blown out to cater for the frail elderly who need an ASAP letter sevice such as I have described?

I'm sure a visiting nurse; Expedited pathology; & a couriered letter cost more to the Government  than any profit to be gained by the Austpost changes!

What do they do? Chuck the non priority stamp letters in a corner for a week or so?! Just wondering!

Message 15 of 73
Latest reply

That seems a very complicated proceedure redders.

When my Dad was on Warfarin the nurse came from the Pathology service and took the blood.  The results were phoned through to his doctor the same or next day, depending what time the nurse had been.

If a change in dosage was required the receptionist phoned me to say the doctor would be down to Dad either that afternoon or next morning...again depending on what time the tests were done.

It gave me the opportunity to be there to get the resuts from the horse's mouth so to speak as Dad had dementia and we were never sure how good his memory was on any particular day.

Message 16 of 73
Latest reply

My list of late letters is at 25 now.  I got very excited today when I received two postive feedbacks with commentds "fast shipping".  One was an international letter and the other was from suburban Melbourne to suburban Melbourne which took 5 business days.  Not bad, however it was two days late according to eBay's estimated delivery date so I could be up for a late shipment defect (just add it to the list).  Everything is now going priority sticker and 3 days handling time until something improves.  I need 30 defects to drop my seller standard so I am fearing 20 November.

Message 17 of 73
Latest reply

Ive just had a wonderful buyer wait almost a month for a parcel to arrive .It dissapearred from tracking for 16 days then turned up as waiting for collection I agree its not value for money when a buyer is waiting so long im glad they were so understanding and contacted me direct   .Many large letters take too long as well or dissapear.......

Message 18 of 73
Latest reply

Just noticed i wrote dissapear pear??????? long week and too tired
Message 19 of 73
Latest reply

@book-a-brac wrote:

Also I am not sure why they made the priority stickers predominantly white (the same as the majority of envelopes). Surely they can be easily missed.

The stickers at least have a fairly noticeable QR code and the red logo... If you have an account and use the 'postage paid' stamps etc, there'll usually just be 'Priority' underneath the 'Postage Paid Australia' bit. 

I find they don't stick all that well, either, and I must say, I'm a bit over the horrendous amount of paper wastage it causes with those ridiculous sheetlets of 5 (my recycle bin get pretty full rather quickly with all the peeled paper & plastic backings on postal supplies Smiley Sad ). I wish they'd come up with a more economical and envrionmentally friendly way to produce the stickers. I'm not going to get an account with AP anytime soon (in order to use the postage paid stamps) and definitely can't afford a meter, so I'd buy gummed ones in a heartbeat. 

Message 20 of 73
Latest reply