Auspost taking weeks to deliver domestic letters....Sales way down....

Auspost taking weeks to deliver domestic letters....

Last week after earlier refunding a nice customer, the letter then shows up after 28 days and it only went 40km.

Now i get 2 more today asking where there letters are after 2 weeks in the post, one 50km away and the other 15km.

Auspost has a recording saying there are delays but this is rediculous. There goes my top rating...

Ebay should send out a blanket email when this happens so people know.

And on top of that domestic sales are way down.... Did someone drop the ball......Usually so calm but getting really P#$%&** off now.

Its making selling here so not worth it.

Message 1 of 73
Latest reply
72 REPLIES 72

I dont know if this has anything to do with postage times or not, but a fair chunk of NSW has been affected by flood water recently, along with whole sections of roads being washed away, rd closures for a few weeks, lots of road repair works and trucks being diverted....
Surely that could have caused a backlog with AP??

I dont know about other states though....

just a thought.

Im still waiting for an item sent via courier, (not an ebay purchase) back in  mid September. Im not holding my breath...(thank goodness) LOL

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 21 of 73
Latest reply

I am waiting on a parcel from Sydney to Newcastle it has been 2 weeks now,I bought ny son some NBA  basketball shoes from China paid on the 24th they arrived on the 28th.Come on AusPost lift your game if they can do it you should be able to.

Message 22 of 73
Latest reply

I presume you mean September.

If the package arrived from China in 4 days I would be asking questions...that is almost unheard of.

If you are sure it is in Australia ring Australia Post and ask what the holdup is.

Message 23 of 73
Latest reply

Yep, I purchase many items from China and most (not all) arrive within 4-7 days, while I get an average of 10 complaints from Australian buyers asking where their items are sometimes telling me I am a bad seller despite posting it out the next business day.

Anyways I changed from free postage to $1 postage and will be using priority stamps for now and see how that goes.

Does priority stamps work for big letters and will they work for oversea address?
Message 24 of 73
Latest reply

Yes package was from China took 4 days to get here paid 24th Oct delivered 28th Oct,it was EMS service I was totally amazed.Yet my parcel from Sydney hasn't arrived yet.Go figure.

Message 25 of 73
Latest reply

@ourphonecase wrote:

Does priority stamps work for big letters and will they work for oversea address?

Priority stamps will not work for overseas addresses.

Australia Post has no control over mail once it leaves Australia.

Message 26 of 73
Latest reply

If it gets really bad for enough of us, ebay may eventually wake up and change the system that penalises sellers for a third party's actions.  For those who think this is unlikely, just remember that they did do away with a lot of the total stupid defects they had in place fairly recently.

Message 27 of 73
Latest reply

Surely Australia post must notice the increase of delayed postage. Their Facebook page is cluttered with slowness and I reckon it is higher than usual.
Message 28 of 73
Latest reply

Australia Post has written to me confirming delays caused by increases in regular mail, and they stated "At the moment, we do not have the capacity to send things from point A to B as quick as we use to. We are working on this to improve our delivery time frames".  That is the closest we will get to an admission that the service is stuffed.  I did ask them if therefore they will be changing their delivery extimates from 2-6 days to 10-14 days (which is how long letters are taking) and I await their reply.

Message 29 of 73
Latest reply

I think eBay will eventually fix their late shipment defect system especially when their fees from sellers of low cost items who use large letter shipment will dry up.  The defect review for 20 November will be a bit of a crunch time.

Message 30 of 73
Latest reply