Aust Post Investigation Outcome as Proof of Delivery ??

mmm .... still mulling over eBays new proof of delivery requirement.......

What will be accepted as proof of delivery? 

If a buyer opens a request about an item they haven't received, you can resolve the request by providing proof of delivery. We ask you to provide tracking information that shows:

• The delivery status of the item as delivered.
  • The date of delivery (which shows you sent the item within your stated handling time).
  • The buyer's address, displaying at least the town/city or postal code of the address shown on either the Order Details page or PayPal's Transaction Details page.
  • For items valued at $750 or more, proof of the recipient's signature.

Oz Post has certainly increased its scans of tracking, however it is not something that is a given or low risk enough for me to leave to the postal gods and goddesses.

So what I think I will do each and every time a parcel does not track as delivered and a buyer opens a eBay money back guarantee case is open an Australia Post investigation, and request their written confirmation that item was delivered Cat Happy

Not sure what happens in the meantime as eBay seem to want to race these cases through a quick timeline, and Australia Post investigations are pretty slow in comparison .... and AP just might be getting a whole lot busier during November and December.

If eBay don't let Oz Posts due process take its course that will be interesting too Cat Frustrated

Message 1 of 46
Latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

@fetzerveeble wrote:

@thecatspjs wrote:

So what I think I will do each and every time a parcel does not track as delivered and a buyer opens a eBay money back guarantee case is open an Australia Post investigation, and request their written confirmation that item was delivered Cat Happy

Who says AP will produce written confirmation?  Is that something they promise as part of the tracking service?

Just curious.

When you request AP open an investigation into a missing parcel - you either receive written confirmation of the outcomes of the investigation (or get a phone call and can subsequently request writtne advice) , which is either a statement that investigation finds item was delivered, or that AP admit that it can not be traced and offer you compensation for post cost Cat Happy

Message 31 of 46
Latest reply

@fetzerveeble wrote:

Who says AP will produce written confirmation?  Is that something they promise as part of the tracking service?

Both senders and recipients of tracked postal items can register with AP on-line to have regular reports of the items' progress sent to them via email, including notification of verification that the item has been delivered. It's an extremely useful service IMO.

Message 32 of 46
Latest reply

dvdezydvds
Community Member

I was discussing the new ebay rules with my friend the other day particularly the item not as described.

She said im a jp you write the description and i will sign a stat dec saying the description is correct and when you post parcels i will come with you and sign a stat dec saying it was posted to said address. I got to thinking most post offices have a jp. What would happen if they signed the stat dec stating the parcel had been posted? A stat dec holds up in court so how would ebay be able to refund on those circumstances. Its food for thought

Message 33 of 46
Latest reply

Will all returns now count as defects?

Until 31 October only PayPal Buyer Protection claims found in favour of a buyer will count as a defect. From 1 November 2014, any return request for an item not as described will count as a defect.

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/news/money-back-FAQs

Message 34 of 46
Latest reply

Dylan, a couple of weeks ago I posted a link to a YouTube video.  The last page of that quite clearly showed that clicking on any of the other options automatically opened a case.  I'll see if I can find it again - if I can will someone take a screen shot and post it, as I (for whatever reason) can't.

Message 35 of 46
Latest reply

Found it - but can't paste it.  For anyone who is interested it's post 226 on Selling Account Restricted Permanently.

Message 36 of 46
Latest reply

I have had problems with aus post tracking as both a buyer and a seller.

Some scammer seller posted an item to me, he didn't even put his return address

on the regular satchels.

So I tracked the package using the tracking number, to find where it came from (qld?)

and all the tracking info said CHULLORA - but didn't say where it came from!!

Then I purchased what I thought was a genuine mobile phone, it wasn't so I took some photos

then popped it back in a satchel and uploaded the tracking data to paypal..

Then after two days I check the tracking myself to see where it is and how soon I'll be getting a refund

and I phone paypal and they check on it, and say "it was delivered to the wrong address"

20 km away.

I ring aus post.

They advise me that it was delivered. I say "prove it".

It actually went to a sorting warehouse and was delivered from there.

I said it was regarding $500 and that response was not good enough for paypal and to

investigate what happened and to provide me with detailed delivery info for paypal.

I've been wating a week so far and zip. But paypal already refunded me:)

Australia Post tracking for me in 2/2 instances has been shocking

and If I didn't ask a lot of questions like a lot of noobs mightn't know about

then I could've been put out or scammed.

Message 37 of 46
Latest reply

kazam - my understanding of the system is that in the US originally just clicking on any link to send an email opened a case and triggered a defect but that has or is being changed so the buyer can now send an email without a seller receiving a defect.

Message 38 of 46
Latest reply

ebay also specifically state in the policy that customers should contact sellers first. Not that it amounts to much though

Message 39 of 46
Latest reply

@jensmanchester-australia wrote:

kazam - my understanding of the system is that in the US originally just clicking on any link to send an email opened a case and triggered a defect but that has or is being changed so the buyer can now send an email without a seller receiving a defect.

Hmm, that may actually relate to the new option they're putting in the menu when a buyer contacts a seller. In the info, the way it's worded (specifically, adding a new option >this option won't) makes me think that it's only the new, general contact option (I have a question....) that won't result in a defect, especially because yesterday, I was looking at the Fall release for the US, and they mentioned that in the near future, they'll actually introduce methods to look at general messages and communications between buyers and sellers when they select these other topics in order to pick up indications that an item is being returned for not as described (so, they're focusing all their efforts and resources on invading what little privacy you may have when communicating with a buyer, just so they can defect even more sellers - can't let any get away with even a suspected little flaw! 😞

Buyers will see the appropriate help options in My eBay based on where they are in the after-sale process, reducing instances where they may inadvertently cause a defect.

For example, we're adding a new option to the Contact Seller form, allowing buyers to ask you a question about an item they've purchased or send you a message after the sale. This option won't be considered a request or case and won't impact your seller performance.

contact seller form

Message 40 of 46
Latest reply