Aust Post Investigation Outcome as Proof of Delivery ??

mmm .... still mulling over eBays new proof of delivery requirement.......

What will be accepted as proof of delivery? 

If a buyer opens a request about an item they haven't received, you can resolve the request by providing proof of delivery. We ask you to provide tracking information that shows:

• The delivery status of the item as delivered.
  • The date of delivery (which shows you sent the item within your stated handling time).
  • The buyer's address, displaying at least the town/city or postal code of the address shown on either the Order Details page or PayPal's Transaction Details page.
  • For items valued at $750 or more, proof of the recipient's signature.

Oz Post has certainly increased its scans of tracking, however it is not something that is a given or low risk enough for me to leave to the postal gods and goddesses.

So what I think I will do each and every time a parcel does not track as delivered and a buyer opens a eBay money back guarantee case is open an Australia Post investigation, and request their written confirmation that item was delivered Cat Happy

Not sure what happens in the meantime as eBay seem to want to race these cases through a quick timeline, and Australia Post investigations are pretty slow in comparison .... and AP just might be getting a whole lot busier during November and December.

If eBay don't let Oz Posts due process take its course that will be interesting too Cat Frustrated

Message 1 of 46
Latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Re: Aust Post Investigation Outcome as Proof of Delivery ??

I think you have it correct - that clicking only on the first option will not trigger a request.

This was the comment from another member on the S.A.R.P. thread.

"The cases opened, some of the buyers said they didn't mean to open a case, they did it by accident,.."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxxyDmWWrYA

(Finally worked out to 'paste' things here (again).  I need to use CtrlV.)

But have a look at the 2nd last page.  This may explain things.  

I hope, jensmanchester, you are correct - that this is being altered.  It's just that from the comment made by one of the members here (posted above), and the YouTube video - it tends to make one a tad nervous about buyers clicking on the other options.

And I feel that it is worth doing some more reading, and analyzing what eBay are actually saying.  If it is not patently clear that no 'requests' leading to 'cases' will be instigated by using the other options on Contact the Seller, then we all need to be aware of that.

Message 41 of 46
Latest reply

DG posted this :

For example, we're adding a new option to the Contact Seller form, allowing buyers to ask you a question about an item they've purchased or send you a message after the sale. This option won't be considered a request or case and won't impact your seller performance.

Note that is says This option, but makes no reference to what applies if a buyer uses the other options.

Message 42 of 46
Latest reply

I am currently in a dispute. I admit I was unaware of the "signature on delivery" for goods >$750. (Why doesnt eBay throw up a warning onscreen at the close of auction?) I sold an item for >$1300. It was tracked as "delivered. Aus Post took a photo of where it was left in a "safe drop" point.

the buyer has lodged a INR dispute so my funds are frozen.

the buyer is NOT responding to ANY emails ( mine or ebays)

if AP tracking is sufficient to prove delivery for items <$750, why is that not so for items greater than $750?  Does eBay think AP is telling lies?  I KNOW that SOD is MORE proof of delivery, but NOT the ONLY proof.

I'd like eBay to explain what full tracking with photo of delivery is NOT proof of delivery... without spouting forth their rules of "signature".

what is it that makes tracking NOT proof of delivery just because the item is worth >$750.

i say agai... signature on delivery is JUST and ADDED security, not the only security.

Message 43 of 46
Latest reply

This thread is 6 YEARS OLD ! The original poster is no longer an eBay user.

They are DEAD like this thread. Someone please shoot the messenger.
Message 44 of 46
Latest reply

Better to start a new thread on this.

i would contact eBay via chat (onlynoption you at the moment). Ask for an email address to provide a copy of the confirmation delivery from Aust post.  Sounds a bit like buyer knew signature on delivery was required and found a way to get a freebie.

for your benefit, not the buyer, I would send anything over $100 with SOD for my on protection given ebays doesn't always stick their own policies

Message 45 of 46
Latest reply

Due to the Covid virus, Aust Post are not doing signature on delivery.

But according to their own webssite, the customer should have been home to acknowledge delivery, and the driver is supposed to record the name of the person who received it.

https://auspost.com.au/about-us/news-media/important-updates/coronavirus/coronavirus-domestic-update...

Or  have I misunderstood and you sent it without SOD?

If so, You'll probably lose the case.

Message 46 of 46
Latest reply