Australia Only

Now we all know that "Australia Only" does not mean only sellers who are actually in Australia, it really means sellers who post only to Australia even if they are in China.

Solution is

Spoiler
 Search within 2000kms of Postcode 0842

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Australia Only

Oops, should be 0870 = Alice Springs

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Australia Only

Hey it works, no Chinese rice cakes, wow, thank you stampingpaws.
Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

Australia Only

I only post to Australia, but that doesn't stop the occasional international person buying my items, so I have to post to them.
Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

Australia Only

Just tried that and lo & behold no Chinese sellers in our category (that's a first!) but then again neither did any of our stuff show up.

I went to Google Earth and it says that Brisbane is about 2150klm (as the crow flies) from Alice Springs.

So it seems it eliminates us as well. But 2000 klm is the max range you can choose.

Probably eliminates sellers in Melbourne/Sydney too I would guess.

The same search term without the 2000klm filter showed over 30,000 results in our category.

With the filter applied that reduced down to just over 2,000.

So a very large proportion must be located outside the 2000klm radius.

So might have to locate a postcode that is nearer to the QLD/NSW/NT state corner to bring the southern capitals more into play.

Fun little game!!

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Australia Only

Just a little bit more to the game....

I changed the postcode to 5731 (Innamincka) and searched within 2000klms of there.

In that search near half the listings in the top 100 results were our products.

LOL.

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Australia Only

I have wondered what the default settings are.  I have tried to set  them to 2000 kl thinking that my listings will show Australia wide.

This particular  setting automatically goes back to 50 km no matter what I do.  Am I doing something wrong?  I do get sales across Australia, and seems to be a lot from Tasmania. I am in Perth.

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Australia Only

Yeah it does revert...

But once you select the km range (2000) then type in the postcode that you want then click the little double right arrow button just to the right of the postcode cell to apply thos settings.

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Australia Only

@casbit33 wrote:
I only post to Australia, but that doesn't stop the occasional international person buying my items, so I have to post to them.

You need to go into your buyer blocks and tick the box to block buyers with a primary delivery address you do not post to.

If you haven't already done so I would also block  buyers with more than 2 unpaid item strikes in the last 12 months.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

Australia Only

gailkav
Community Member

Thanks for the tip, I;ll try that. But it is laughable when the vendors in the US don't ship to Australia anyway. Every item that came up in my Australia Only search today was in the US and ddin't ship to Australia.

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply