Australia Post Dead Snail Mail, The Slowest in the World!

14 days later customer still waits for parcel, Very angry with your **bleep** service...
This is not the first time either this is happening with many parcels
bloody get your company sorted, and stop telling lies about delivery times or dates ....

In transit
Processed through Australia Post facility
1:55pm Fri 6 May
Winnellie, NT
Previous event
In transit
Processed through Australia Post facility
2:31pm Tue 3 May
Chullora, NSW
Previous event
In transit
Received by Australia Post
9:50am Tue 26 Apr
Tura Beach, NSW

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Australia Post Dead Snail Mail, The Slowest in the World!

well its obvious what happened here, the CEO said he'd hand deliver your parcel. put in the boot of his 'last years model' ferrari. about to set off to deliver it when he noticed on his brand new smart phone he'd won the weekly prize in the staff lottery of a free trip to the NT. yay. 

didnt want to leave the ferrari home so got it flown to the NT so he could cruise about in it on his holiday.

as soon as he opened the boot he saw your parcel, OMG he thought. ok, i'll drop it in the post here in the NT.

she'll be sweet, no one will know.

now he just needs a pay rise with a new model ferrari attached as a well earned perk.

Message 11 of 20
Latest reply

how about a six month turn around re delivery to the states

if item isnt broken when it finally arrives

who knows when

no dates no times for 50% of the journey

re-directed misplaced and well generally hopless effort

did have insurance and tracking i the buyer added it as wanted re assurance so i could find it

if it went astray

as packages do get lost overseas all the time and with paypal insurance buyers supposed to be reimbursed by seller

im currently waiting

if its broken i have to cliam for it customer gets nothing

and was just fun to watch the merry go round of hopeless service

i love chasing Australia post on phone and wait times and endless not knowing for both parties..

could think of nothing more i need to be doing...

add that to a recently deceased 250 gram package

shrinking post packs other option

yes they shrunk i keep spres for fitting stuff in and same stuff doesnt squeeze in anymore

and then a local breakage in same month

impressed yet wow Australia post don't know where id be without you

better off trying a new courier service,  one that rewards me and looks after all packages

cheaper pricing , they are out there

Message 12 of 20
Latest reply

Interesting article in the Canberra TImes this morning re Australia Post parcel delivery:

Australia Post parcels doing laps of Australia before delivery

Message 13 of 20
Latest reply

What a coincidence, just like the person in the Canberra Times article, I have also put of Australia Post in the same category as the big banks. Both places are only open at the most inconvenient hours of the day (roughly 9AM to 5PM) while being closed every other time, while happily taking every public holiday on the calendar off and then some. If they could completely close from midday to 1PM for lunch and for the 3-o'clock-on-the-dot KitKat break, they would too.

The only difference between the big banks and Australia Post is, I haven't seen the bank randomly run away with my money yet and then refuse to reimburse me for their mistake, unlike AP which seemingly loses items left, right and centre and only paying out those who paid top dollar for delivery (Express Post, insurance etc.). It doesn't matter whether it's a single $1 stamp on the item or a massive 80-odd dollar express parcel with tracking, signature and everything else, it can still inexplicably go missing even if it was going for a five minute drive from one suburb to the next. Not saying it happens every single time, but it most certainly does happen, and even a 99% delivery rate is not good enough; it still means that 1 out of 100 items is going missing. Now add four zeroes to the end of those two numbers 1 and 100 for the amount of letters and parcels which may be in transit around Australia in a week/month or whatever.
Message 15 of 20
Latest reply

there must be thieves there my 600$ parcel got lost at sorting few hrs after posting
Message 16 of 20
Latest reply

You should have started a new thread, not dragged up an old one, which, BTW has nothing to do with your problem.

Have you opened a case for Item not received to get your money back?

Message 17 of 20
Latest reply

I had a parcel come from Melbourne to be sent to Gold Coast and it's passed me to go to Cairns and sit there for a vacation for 3 days and finally get to me in 9 days.Smiley Sad

Message 18 of 20
Latest reply

kdinya
Community Member
I agree entirely with all of the above. Iโ€™m patient with slow times atm, but I know once I see my item is in chullora it wonโ€™t escape that particular black hole for at least a week. I donโ€™t understand why. Being in Victoria youโ€™d expect issues like this, but there is no excuse for this sort of service in a state with fewer restrictions. Why is chullora so much worse than other centres. I had a small parcel sent express on a Monday to give the plants inside their best chance of survival. Despite the express post, it still sat in chullora for a week. In a way glad to hear itโ€™s not just me, but sad for all the other buyers and sellers trying to keep to deadlines.
Message 19 of 20
Latest reply

@kdinya wrote:
I agree entirely with all of the above. Iโ€™m patient with slow times atm, but I know once I see my item is in chullora it wonโ€™t escape that particular black hole for at least a week. I donโ€™t understand why. Being in Victoria youโ€™d expect issues like this, but there is no excuse for this sort of service in a state with fewer restrictions. Why is chullora so much worse than other centres. I had a small parcel sent express on a Monday to give the plants inside their best chance of survival. Despite the express post, it still sat in chullora for a week. In a way glad to hear itโ€™s not just me, but sad for all the other buyers and sellers trying to keep to deadlines.

This was started pre-covid so I'm guessing it's worse now.

Things like fewer planes flying, fewer staff able to work due to physical distancing etc, parcels being moved to other sorting centres to ease the flow will all impact.

Express Post hasn't been guaranteed since April

https://auspost.com.au/about-us/news-media/important-updates/coronavirus/coronavirus-domestic-update...

Message 20 of 20
Latest reply