Australia Post Express Network

Does anyone have a link to the express network postcodes for Australia Post? As in a pdf.

They seem to have changed the website around and all I can find and use is the postage calculator. I have been using express post quite regularly and they are mostly late.....

I now plan on going back through a heap of tracking number from the last few months and checking what was delivered on time. Each express satchel is worth about $10 so it is well worth it to get replacements.

Message 1 of 59
Latest reply
58 REPLIES 58

@247newdeals wrote:

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

When the postage says that it's being sent by Australia Post Parcel with Tracking, one would assume that the item is to be sent via Australia Post with Tracking. Especially when it's written in the description and the postage section. There are options when listing to put courier in the postage section, so what is the point in contacting every seller asking if they have made a mistake in their listing? I am one of the few people that do actually read descriptions. If the seller says in the description that they post via Australia Post, then why would I have any reason to believe otherwise?

I live out of the city, but I still live in a major regional centre. People living outside the city still have high speed internet connections. A lot of areas have the NBN now, so have a faster connection than a lot of the cities do. There is electricity outside of the city you know, and also phones. We stopped using candles and carrier pigeons a few years back. Apparently we're getting running water soon too, so they tell me, and also cars.

We also have courier companies, but not the amount that people in the city do. Regional areas tend to have the big ones, like Toll, but not garbage ones like Fastaway. If something gets sent by one of the garbage ones, then it means a long trip to pick it up. I am not going to buy something with cheap delivery costs only to have to spend a day and $70 in petrol going to collect it. I may as well have just driven to the city to buy it.

Then there is the hours. Not everyone works 9-5 five days a week in an office. Therefore, not everyone is in a position where they can duck out in their lunch break, or before work to pick up something from the courier depot. I would much prefer to pay a few bucks extra and have it delivered to my home or preferrably, to the post office as there is more chance of me being able to collect it from there. If I know that my hours are going to prevent me getting to the PO when I'm expecting a delivery, I'll have it sent to work.

If you don't want to sell to people in rural areas, that's your business, but given that most of what I sell is to people in rural areas, I won't be stopping that any time soon. I have no desire to buy an android tv box, so you have no worries about me buying anything off you. If you don't want to send to rural areas, block them. Simple. It's your sales that will suffer, not mine.

Just because a company does not want to waste money to suit the needs of people who choose to remove themselves from the main stream does not make them garbage it makes them sensible. The fact is they give a good service to those of us who choose to live in cities/town. You live in rural Australia but get upset because couriers do not give you the same service as they do to people living in cities. I am thinking maybe I should start using a courier now maybe it will decrease the risk of getting a buyer who expects way to much and will more than likely end up costing me money. Either way I love getting my items fast and delivered professionally by couriers love living in the city it works so well.

Oh, so I'm not "mainstream"? I take offence to that. Obviously you've been reading too many stories about people outside the city being "hicks" or "slow". I grew up in the city, spent half my adult life in the city. I couldn't "remove" myself quick enough. I vibrate every time I have to go back. 

The couriers who are here, do a great job. Never heard any complaints about them. Toll is especially good, as is Startrack. As for the others, as I said earlier, why would I buy from someone who delivers with Fastaway if it means an all day trip to collect it? They're sure as hell not going to spend an extra day to deliver it to me!

Shouldn't it be up to the buyer what service they want? They're the ones paying for it. Offer both. If a courier suits a buyer, they will select that option. If having their item delivered by AP into a parcel locker suits them, they'll choose that option. Everyone is happy then. Just make sure that if you do offer both that the courier option does say courier and not Australia Post Parcel with Tracking. Otherwise you could end up in the same situation as my seller that had to pay return delivery costs.

Now I'm going out to my rocking chair on the back verandah to do some whittling while I chew on a hay stalk. The kids have had enough peddling to generate the electricty for the computer, so I'd best let them have a rest now. Plus the internet will cut off soon as the lady at the telephone exchange only does a half day on Sunday's. Therefore I'll have no phone connection for the rest of the day. Ahhh the serenity.

Message 31 of 59
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

@247newdeals wrote:

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

When the postage says that it's being sent by Australia Post Parcel with Tracking, one would assume that the item is to be sent via Australia Post with Tracking. Especially when it's written in the description and the postage section. There are options when listing to put courier in the postage section, so what is the point in contacting every seller asking if they have made a mistake in their listing? I am one of the few people that do actually read descriptions. If the seller says in the description that they post via Australia Post, then why would I have any reason to believe otherwise?

I live out of the city, but I still live in a major regional centre. People living outside the city still have high speed internet connections. A lot of areas have the NBN now, so have a faster connection than a lot of the cities do. There is electricity outside of the city you know, and also phones. We stopped using candles and carrier pigeons a few years back. Apparently we're getting running water soon too, so they tell me, and also cars.

We also have courier companies, but not the amount that people in the city do. Regional areas tend to have the big ones, like Toll, but not garbage ones like Fastaway. If something gets sent by one of the garbage ones, then it means a long trip to pick it up. I am not going to buy something with cheap delivery costs only to have to spend a day and $70 in petrol going to collect it. I may as well have just driven to the city to buy it.

Then there is the hours. Not everyone works 9-5 five days a week in an office. Therefore, not everyone is in a position where they can duck out in their lunch break, or before work to pick up something from the courier depot. I would much prefer to pay a few bucks extra and have it delivered to my home or preferrably, to the post office as there is more chance of me being able to collect it from there. If I know that my hours are going to prevent me getting to the PO when I'm expecting a delivery, I'll have it sent to work.

If you don't want to sell to people in rural areas, that's your business, but given that most of what I sell is to people in rural areas, I won't be stopping that any time soon. I have no desire to buy an android tv box, so you have no worries about me buying anything off you. If you don't want to send to rural areas, block them. Simple. It's your sales that will suffer, not mine.

Just because a company does not want to waste money to suit the needs of people who choose to remove themselves from the main stream does not make them garbage it makes them sensible. The fact is they give a good service to those of us who choose to live in cities/town. You live in rural Australia but get upset because couriers do not give you the same service as they do to people living in cities. I am thinking maybe I should start using a courier now maybe it will decrease the risk of getting a buyer who expects way to much and will more than likely end up costing me money. Either way I love getting my items fast and delivered professionally by couriers love living in the city it works so well.

Oh, so I'm not "mainstream"? I take offence to that. Obviously you've been reading too many stories about people outside the city being "hicks" or "slow". I grew up in the city, spent half my adult life in the city. I couldn't "remove" myself quick enough. I vibrate every time I have to go back. 

The couriers who are here, do a great job. Never heard any complaints about them. Toll is especially good, as is Startrack. As for the others, as I said earlier, why would I buy from someone who delivers with Fastaway if it means an all day trip to collect it? They're sure as hell not going to spend an extra day to deliver it to me!

Shouldn't it be up to the buyer what service they want? They're the ones paying for it. Offer both. If a courier suits a buyer, they will select that option. If having their item delivered by AP into a parcel locker suits them, they'll choose that option. Everyone is happy then. Just make sure that if you do offer both that the courier option does say courier and not Australia Post Parcel with Tracking. Otherwise you could end up in the same situation as my seller that had to pay return delivery costs.

Now I'm going out to my rocking chair on the back verandah to do some whittling while I chew on a hay stalk. The kids have had enough peddling to generate the electricty for the computer, so I'd best let them have a rest now. Plus the internet will cut off soon as the lady at the telephone exchange only does a half day on Sunday's. Therefore I'll have no phone connection for the rest of the day. Ahhh the serenity.

Firstly I never called anyone a hick or slow that is YOUR impression not mine. No YOU are not mainstream you have to travel 200k to get to somewhere that has a decent courier service. It does not make a courier service **bleep** just because they want do that extra 200k trip to get a parcel to YOU. Most courier services do not have the network that companies like Toll, StarTrack or AusPost have and to deliver to your door would mean they would go out of business very quick. The problem is not the couriers they do a fantastic job for the majority of people but it is people who made a decision to remove themselves from the mainstream but still expect the same services. 

You are not new to Ebay and you know very well how it works, you know a LOT of the sellers are just hobby sellers who would not know a courier would not deliver to you but you feel no responsibility to inform sellers you see it as all the sellers responsibility.Why should you care because at the end of the day when a seller makes a mistake you just say tough you can pay for it it is not my problem. Couriers services do and should not make 400k round trips to deliver parcel it is not economical and they do a great job to those of us who live in the mainstream. The only reason there is a problem is because a lot of sellers do not realise this and even long time buyers, like you, do not feel the need to take some responsibility and fire a quick message to a seller when they first buy from them they do not stand a chance. It would take no time at all to send a quick message letting a seller know you are a little off the beaten track and a lot of couriers do not deliver to you but why bother Paypal will always refund you when an inexperienced seller makes a mistake so it is not your problem a lot easy to just orderr and put down the courier companies.

Message 32 of 59
Latest reply

If you are using a courier company worth being called a courier they should not accept a parcel for delivery to an area they do not deliver to.

If you are going to use just one courier company you need to find one that guarantees door to door delivery to all areas....which means one of the larger companies like Toll or StarTrack.   If they do not deliver to an area but accept deliveries to that area you usually find they have an arrangement with a local company complete the delivery.

The only problem with that is that the larger companies do not deal with small volume clients.  You would have to use a courier broker like Temando to access the larger companies

Message 33 of 59
Latest reply

Why on earth didn't you start your own thread about the pros and cons of couriers instead of highjacking a thread about "The Australia Post Express Network" ????????

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 34 of 59
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

If you are using a courier company worth being called a courier they should not accept a parcel for delivery to an area they do not deliver to.

If you are going to use just one courier company you need to find one that guarantees door to door delivery to all areas....which means one of the larger companies like Toll or StarTrack.   If they do not deliver to an area but accept deliveries to that area you usually find they have an arrangement with a local company complete the delivery.

The only problem with that is that the larger companies do not deal with small volume clients.  You would have to use a courier broker like Temando to access the larger companies

I 100% agree a seller should make sure they will do the job they want them to however a large percentage of people selling on EBay are not professional sellers and will make mistakes now that is not the fault of the courier. Going with a company like Toll or StarTrack would more than likely be a good option but you will pay extra for that service going with a smaller courier company will save costs and for a majority of people will provide an good to excellent service (compared to AusPost) now a lot of sellers will sell mainly to where the majority of buyers are cities/towns and a lot of buyers who live rurally know that delivery is not going to be as good for them so do things like have a c/o address but they take some of the responsibility because they know the reality of getting deliveries.

The 2 couriers you dislike do an excellent job getting parcels to me and it is done anything up to a week quicker and cheaper than AusPost now to me that is a lot better service. Now no they want take that same parcel another 200k out because basically if they did they would go out of businesses in no time.The problem on EBay is not certain couriers it is the them/us syndrome buyer/sellers the fact is we are all EBayers and if buyers just took a little bit of time to communicate with sellers, especially smaller sellers when your requirements are a little out of the norm, a lot of problems could be sorted before they happen. 

As a seller learning the way (and I have some online sales experience) I will make mistakes and yes I will pay the price for each and everyone of them but it would be nice if a buyer knew there is a possible problem took a minute or 2 to send me a quick message and give me a heads up rather than not bothering about it because lets face they want lose out. 

Message 35 of 59
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

Why on earth didn't you start your own thread about the pros and cons of couriers instead of highjacking a thread about "The Australia Post Express Network" ????????

Why you asking me Lyndia started this I just replyed to what she wrote maybe you should ask her. Anyway the OPs question was already answered

Actually it was brightmored who originally took the post off topic Lyndia continued the off topic thread I replied to that so that is where you need to seek your answer 

Message 36 of 59
Latest reply

Thank you for justifying your diatribe.................yawn.................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 37 of 59
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

Thank you for justifying your diatribe.................yawn.................

diatribe.lol I think the yawn about sums it up you are clearly tired and need a nap. FYI I sis not justify anything I pointed something out to you

Message 38 of 59
Latest reply

Who's Lyndia? I don't recall seeing anyone by that name posting on this thread, let alone the whole forum.

You mention the word "town" and also "off the beaten track". One of those applies to me, the other doesn't. Yes, I live in a (large) town, but is far from being off the beaten track. I am on a major highway, so that kind of rules that one out.

As for contacting sellers, if sellers put the correct postage options in their listing, it wouldn't be a problem. I buy a LOT of stuff. If I had to contact every single seller asking if their postage options are correct, I'd be spending 29 hours a day on the computer. If someone is using a courier, say so. if they are using AP, say so. It's not that hard. All the options are there when they set their listing up, there is no excuse. As I have said multiple times now, if the postage option AND the description say they are posting via AP, then one would assume that is how they are posting.

If I then contacted that seller and asked if their description was correct, they would 1. think I'm a complete turkey, 2. assume I hadn't read the description, or 3. can't be bothered clicking on the postage tab. I'd be just as likely to end up on their BBL for being a moron. As for that seller where the item was returned, it was all done via messages, there was no dispute, so you can stop accusing me of trying to ruin sellers. Not that it's any of your business, but I have NEVER opened a dispute against a seller. That seller was also a high volume seller, so again, there was no excuse. It was a small item, so it wasn't even something that was too big to be posted.

Message 39 of 59
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

Who's Lyndia? I don't recall seeing anyone by that name posting on this thread, let alone the whole forum.

You mention the word "town" and also "off the beaten track". One of those applies to me, the other doesn't. Yes, I live in a (large) town, but is far from being off the beaten track. I am on a major highway, so that kind of rules that one out.

As for contacting sellers, if sellers put the correct postage options in their listing, it wouldn't be a problem. I buy a LOT of stuff. If I had to contact every single seller asking if their postage options are correct, I'd be spending 29 hours a day on the computer. If someone is using a courier, say so. if they are using AP, say so. It's not that hard. All the options are there when they set their listing up, there is no excuse. As I have said multiple times now, if the postage option AND the description say they are posting via AP, then one would assume that is how they are posting.

If I then contacted that seller and asked if their description was correct, they would 1. think I'm a complete turkey, 2. assume I hadn't read the description, or 3. can't be bothered clicking on the postage tab. I'd be just as likely to end up on their BBL for being a moron. As for that seller where the item was returned, it was all done via messages, there was no dispute, so you can stop accusing me of trying to ruin sellers. Not that it's any of your business, but I have NEVER opened a dispute against a seller. That seller was also a high volume seller, so again, there was no excuse. It was a small item, so it wasn't even something that was too big to be posted.

First sry for the name misspelling I suffer from mild dyslexia and do mess up words/names it took me over a minute going from one to the other before I could notice any difference and even then it did not seem that large but there are 3 of us in this discussion it was the name of the other person, I want write it again because I might misspell 🙂

I agree you should not and would not contact a high volume seller. Now if a high volume seller sent this they either made a mistake (being human we do that) or they know a certain amount want get to the destination but it is an amount they can right off. Still I can not see why this is in anyway the couriers fault they did the job they was paid for which was deliver the item to the depo 200k from you. The mistake was the sellers  so why does this make the courier unreliable? I will say again for me couriers do a far better job than AusPost and I would rather be sent an item by courier than AusPost any day.

Message 40 of 59
Latest reply