Australia Post delivery times and tracking info this December

Just wish to check how others are going with their deliveries.

Of the 6 parcels I dispatched on December 4th, four are yet to be delivered within Australia.

Tracking only shows them to have been lodged.

The one international, to the UK, was delivered in 5 working days. 

The other, delivered three suburbs away, took a day longer.

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

post #5

sent on the 5th....turned up today 😞
Message 11 of 27
Latest reply

ive had parcels sent on the 2nd just arrive today 17 days its a joke i rang aus post and complained about the service she proceeds to tell me they have a 4% missplacment rate and they where very proud of that .  i said  so you ship 2 million parcels a day and you misplace/ lose 80000 of them . she said oh it doesn't sound good when you say it like that.... its hard to fly like an eagle when you work with turkeys 

Message 12 of 27
Latest reply

@eol-products wrote:

I would love to know why do some parcels enjoy Melbourne so much they feel they need to visit each sorting centre. Unlike Sydney where they just enjoy a few days off to rest before heading off again.

Apart from the fact that it's cooler and Victoria has green grass (more scenic), they're probably so giddy by time they've been around Chullora a few times that they can't find their way to any of the other centres in Sydney.  Smiley Very Happy 

A couple of years ago I had a parcel that enjoyed the trip across the Nullabor so much that when it got to Sunshine it immediately headed back to Perth.  I've done that drive at least four times and no way would I do it for the 'scenery'.

I sent an express satchel (rural Vic to Tas) yesterday and another one the day before.  Both show no tracking events except for me having lodged it.  I have no idea how long my letters are taking but I haven't had any complaints (yet).

They're often quicker this time of year so maybe they haven't put on any extra staff like other years.

Message 13 of 27
Latest reply

4 days ago - Strong pre-Christmas online sales mean Australia Post has hired an extra 3500 staff to cope with a massive increase in parcel deliveries .(ABC NEWS)

Message 14 of 27
Latest reply

I posted an Express Post parcel at 10.00am on Monday at a major PO in the Sydney CBD where there are at least 5 mail clearances a day.

It made it to Strathfield by 2.45am on Tuesday and there it is still.   So much for Express post....I certainly did not expect overnight delivery to North Queensland but did expect it to at least be on it's way.

Message 15 of 27
Latest reply

It could well be.

I sent a parcel to Mackay the other week, The scans were Lodged, Granville, the Mackay Sorting centre a week later, On Board and Delivered. The last 3 were the day it was delivered, but nothing between Granville and there. I would have thought it would have gone through Brisbane, but who knows...

Message 16 of 27
Latest reply

I try & send 'tracked' to Qld now (where possible).... too many crises
Message 17 of 27
Latest reply

All parcels are tracked. This one certainly was, otherwise there would be no tracking events.

My point is that they don't get scanned at every point on their journey.

Message 18 of 27
Latest reply

My contacts tell me AusPost were completely blind-sided by the volume of parcels as a result of the Black Friday Sales. 

The volume from these sales, plus the normal increase in parcels due to pre-Christmas mailings meant they ended up with heaps of un-emptied containers of parcels sitting in their yards for days.  They also needed to store pallets of parcels in the yard under tarps.  All because the depo's themselves were chocka's.

Our poor little local parcel guy told me on the road for 14 hours a day at the moment. 

Surely AusPost should have foreseen the likely increased volumes and put in place the necessary resources?

For our part we intended to explout their incompetence.  We are presently sending every parcel by Express Mail in the full knowledge that in 90% of the time they will fail to meet their stipluated delivery guarantee.  As such, (a) we will get a full refund of the postage cost and (b), if enough people do this it may cause them to rethink their service efficiences.

Message 19 of 27
Latest reply

I sent an item express last week as the item was something I figured they may need sooner than later so paid the extra $2.50 and was not delivered next day and now I get a full refund. I wish I had known there was issue with delivery times as 20-30 parcels per week with a chance of free delivery is something I would have taken the gamble on. 

Message 20 of 27
Latest reply