Australia Post full of excuses, but this one takes the cake!

Lodged an item on Monday 2nd Oct. Destination was in Victoria only 50km away so should arrive in 2 days (although as AP often point out delivery times are an estimate only).

Anyway, I always add parcels to my AP app for tracking and to check buyers have received their goods. Checked the tracking for this particular parcel and tracking shows parcel has been sorted.....through Chullora, NSW.......next stop, Granville NSW.

So I contacted AP annoyed at this parcel delivery as well as yet another late delivery for another parcel.

this was the response.....

Blah, blah blah...... 

Keep in mind that parcels can be processed through any of our sorting facilities in Australia. If, for instance, the Melbourne facility is over capacity it is normal for items to be transported to Sydney for sorting rather than them having to sit for days in Melbourne creating a backlog that would have a knock on effect and blow out delivery time frames even more.

What a crock of doggie doo!  More like a simple case of imcompetence, something that AP are becoming extremely good at!

Excuses, excuses, excuses.....and no responsibility accepted for their errors!

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I'ts a world gone mad..
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

It blows away the theory that the quickest way from point A to point B is in a straight line lol.

Is this why postage has gone up because the parcels go all over Australia?

Where I live we used to have a mail sorting facility so the mail that was going local never left the area but now it goes all around Australia for 2-5 days just to go 10 minutes away lol.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

@eezipeezi888 wrote:

It blows away the theory that the quickest way from point A to point B is in a straight line lol.

Is this why postage has gone up because the parcels go all over Australia?

Where I live we used to have a mail sorting facility so the mail that was going local never left the area but now it goes all around Australia for 2-5 days just to go 10 minutes away lol.

There was a mail sorting facility near my area too and it was even possible to phone them direct to track down a delivery if you'd had no luck speaking to your local post office.  For all I know the sorting facility might even still exist - it's now not possible to speak to anyone at these places - though nowadays parcels seem to go through Sunshine West anyway no matter what.

I've never seen any parcel intended for me going to Sydney but I've had them sit at Sunshine West for a week or two.  Hmmm.  Maybe they had gone to Sydney after all...but AP tried to hide it by not updating the tracking. 😞  Wouldn't put it past them.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

My latest experience was sending a parcel yesterday. Apparently the label printer wasn't working (BS, there are five registers plus two self serve kiosks!) so the staff member put a postage paid ink stamp on the parcel and then told me that I can check the tracking number on the auspost site. How the @%$# would I be able to check tracking if the only tracking number is printed on my receipt?!!!!! She threw the parcel on top of all the others with just the postage paid mark on it. Of course, it still hasn't been scanned aside from the initial purchase despite it probably being half way from VIC to NSW by now. It wouldn't surprise me if it still says the initial "Received by Australia Post" message several months after the buyer has received it.
Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

I have said it before ...Aust post is a train wreck looking for somewhere to happen. Im still getting mail bouncing back for no reason and oz post seem incapable of finding out why. 

Latest was a parcel from here (Country WA) to buyer in Victoria.

Lodged 8th and in Perth by the 9th (300km) 

From Perth to Sunshine Vic 15th

Next scan was back in Perth 0n the 22nd.

The next scan (After I asked oz post why it was back in Perth) was Sunshine Victoria on the 24th and delivered on the 25th

Got me naffed whats going on ????  

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

@heihachi_73 wrote:
@My latest experience was sending a parcel yesterday. Apparently the label printer wasn't working (BS, there are five registers plus two self serve kiosks!) so the staff member put a postage paid ink stamp on the parcel and then told me that I can check the tracking number on the auspost site. How the @%$# would I be able to check tracking if the only tracking number is printed on my receipt?!!!!! She threw the parcel on top of all the others with just the postage paid mark on it. Of course, it still hasn't been scanned aside from the initial purchase despite it probably being half way from VIC to NSW by now. It wouldn't surprise me if it still says the initial "Received by Australia Post" message several months after the buyer has received it.

Sound like you've got a dud PO there heihachi.

I'm blessed with mine as the staff go out of their way to be helpful and would never even contemplate doing what just happened to you.

Is it actually a PO you're using (Aus Post Shop or Business Centre) or is it an LPO (Licenced Post Office).

I've found LPO's to be very very variable in the quality of service as they're just sub agencies and often only interested in easy dollars.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Maybe next time they could send my parcels to the Darwin sorting centre 😱

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Apparently they did end up putting a label on it, the parcel is now showing up on the website. I have never had something like that happen in 10+ years of sending things! I think the post office has a few new staff members, one of them was a young woman in her 20s and the other was a Chinese man, both of which I have never seen before.

My post office is usually pretty good, sometimes they will let a 21mm "parcel" go through as a large letter (same with a parcel that barely fouls the 500 gram limit like 504g, they will put it through as an even 500g) and one time opened the red box because I accidentally dropped my receipt (with tracking) in there with the item.
Message 10 of 11
Latest reply