Australia Post no longer taking international mail??

Australia Post just refused to take 3 x international packages, letter size.  Unless Express told - as of this morning no more

have checked A Post website - nothing there?

anyone else heard anything about this?  have been considering, due to delays, stopping international sales - looks like no choice now

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Was that just for economy air or ALL mail? 

Please note Australia Post will suspend its “Economy Air” international delivery service for parcels to all countries effective 3 April and until further notice.

https://auspost.com.au/about-us/news-media/important-updates/coronavirus#international

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

I'd say your post office has got it wrong - the only thing that has stopped is "international economy air parcels".

Parcels can be sent by Standard mail (i.e. more expensive)

Letters are supposed to be still going through.   What's to stop people dropping them in the red box?

Unless of course your items are going to a country which has stopped delivery altogether?

https://auspost.com.au/about-us/news-media/important-updates/coronavirus/coronavirus-international-u...

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

economy air mail - all letter sized

you can still post Express or Parcels .... told by Post office staff

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

trying to get through to Australia Post now - this was at our main post office (not a sub branch)

told no letters unless Express .... super expensive, parcels still going (at this stage)

1 to UK

1 to USA

1 to Russia

Australia Post website still has notices up from 3 April - i've been posting regularly knowing about delays - this morning they wouldn't accept

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

There's fine print to explain what the numbers next to listed countries mean - anything with a 2 (I noticed Russia has a 2 after it) means this:

2 - Changes to parcel and letter services provided to these countries. Check country specific details for further information.

Edited to add - if you expand Russia, I note it does say: 

"Please note: Australia Post will suspend Express Services and Economy Services for parcels effective 3 April and until further notice. Standard Services for parcels will continue and Economy Services for letters will also continue."

But, maybe they just mean actual (small) letters, not large letters? That would be th eonly explanation I can think of, anyway.

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

these were A4 size envelopes - 2 under 125g, 1 under 250g .... it's really not surprising given the lack of air traffic now - I'm changing post policies to exclude all international (for how long who knows?) really not worth the angst of customers who will complain regardless of current situation -

sign of even more havoc to come - no luck phoning Australia Post

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

I was told by my post office that international letters (ie documents) are still going but large letters (non documents) which have the CN form attached are not being processed unless upgraded to non-economy parcels.

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

I really don't think the left hand knows what the right hand is doing atm to be honest .... as I said, I've suspended international until CV situation improves. 

just not worth the hassle - even though a loss of sales,

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

@anniesvintageemporium wrote:

I really don't think the left hand knows what the right hand is doing atm to be honest .... as I said, I've suspended international until CV situation improves. 

just not worth the hassle - even though a loss of sales,

Given there are reports of buyers opening INR cases in defiance of the fact their countries are in lockdown, I reckon while you might lose sales, you will not lose money

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply