Australia Post price rises

I learned today from postmaster that A.P. price rises are due on satchels & parcels, commencing soon....can't find any information atm...please post here if you know anything

Message 1 of 58
Latest reply
57 REPLIES 57

Re: Australia Post price rises

well thats 11 already, unless of course your 4 were some of my seven.  Either way people are still buying

Message 41 of 58
Latest reply

Heads up on the January 2024 letter price increases.  Sellers might want to stock up on Prepaid Envelopes and Priority Stamps, (and to avoid adding 30c stamps with your existing stock of $1.20).

ACCC about to hand down decision, and last time Australia Post raised prices 4 weeks later, 3 January in 2023.  Pages 47-48 list new 2024 prices:

https://www.accc.gov.au/by-industry/postal-services/postal-services-price-notification-and-monitorin...

Message 42 of 58
Latest reply

Yes, I saw that a while ago.

What seems to be a bit over the top is that the prices for the tracked envelopes (and I think also registered evelopes) went up when parcel prices were increased earlier this year, and they are now wanting to increase them again when letter prices are increased.

One or the other is bad enough, but twice a year is a bit much, especially when looking at the percentage increases each time.

It is often suggested on these boards that sellers should use tracked envelopes for smaller items, but these increases make the cost even more prohibitive for many items.

Message 43 of 58
Latest reply

The Government and sole shareholder 'rubber stamped' Australia Post's "modernisation" plan including alternate letter delivery days along with a raft of other cost cutting exercises, then throw in the price rise which the ACCC will 'rubber stamp' within days... Pay More - Get Less, just like the supermarket business... inflation box, tick.

https://www.infrastructure.gov.au/department/media/news/positioning-australia-post-future

Message 44 of 58
Latest reply

Tracked prepaid seem to be going up about 10%, but untracked prepaid they are proposing nearly 40%. Which is a bit rude when they don't even include insurance.

Message 45 of 58
Latest reply

pnc75
Community Member

So does anyone know if these are going up in price? Many thanks for your help.

pnc75_0-1701849523759.png  They're the big A4 ones. 

Message 46 of 58
Latest reply

@offroad7400 wrote:

The Government and sole shareholder 'rubber stamped' Australia Post's "modernisation" plan including alternate letter delivery days along with a raft of other cost cutting exercises, then throw in the price rise which the ACCC will 'rubber stamp' within days... Pay More - Get Less, just like the supermarket business... inflation box, tick.

https://www.infrastructure.gov.au/department/media/news/positioning-australia-post-future

One small error in you comment,  there are actually somewhere over 25 million shareholders in Australia Post.

But in reality there are 2 shareholders.

Message 47 of 58
Latest reply

@sugar249 wrote:

@offroad7400 wrote:

One small error in you comment,  there are actually somewhere over 25 million shareholders in Australia Post.

But in reality there are 2 shareholders.

Correction.

Only 1.

Message 48 of 58
Latest reply

They are C4.

And if you go to offroad's first post from today, download the pdf and go to pages 47-48, as advised, all will be revealed.

Message 49 of 58
Latest reply

I thought I'd checked all of that, but I must have missed something. Apologies for wasting your time. 

Message 50 of 58
Latest reply