Australia only has become drop ship form china!

I have noticed ( as I am guessing many of you have ) that the Australia only market has been/is being flooded with Chinese based drop shipping or Australian based warehouse sellers. I have contacted Ebay as I believe that Australian seller should be protected as many of us have built up our businesses over years of trial and error but all seems to fall on deaf ears as of yet. Any ideas as to a better way to address this issue?

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Australia only has become drop ship form china!

Maybe in some cases but for me I am a person who has patience. I always buy the cheapest and with a little patience I have never had a problem with an item I have purchased from overseas.

The facts are fairly simple at the moment, I am in Victoria, Melbourne has become the 3rd most expensive city to live in the world. People just can't afford things especially with so many jobs losses recently and in the near future. Also job security is extremely poor as many people have to work 2 part time jobs instead of 1 full time job these days.

I sell mainly DVD's so I don't have real issues going up against overseas sellers just up against bigger sellers that are able to buy in bulk, but when I want to buy something I always compare and offer the Aussie Seller my business for the same deal, it never happens though. I can't afford to buy Australian owned or Australian made anymore. I have enough trouble paying my bills, and medical expenses. So I am sorry to all Australian Sellers but this is the way Australia is at the moment. 

Recently I purchased an item that I required to help myself physically, the item was half the price from the UK  than the cheapest Australian seller had on ebay. I even contacted them saying I am willing to pay $50 instead of $99.50 they were asking as the item was with shipping only $46 from the UK but they just turned it down. My niece has just moved to London she can't believe how cheap everything is over there, and she is on the same wages doing the same job she use to do here but is much better off.

I don't feel like we are the lucky country anymore, I feel like we are the rip off country, as many items are 33% cheaper in the USA and the UK.

Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

@lalala-au wrote:

I don't feel like we are the lucky country anymore, I feel like we are the rip off country, as many items are 33% cheaper in the USA and the UK.

Agreed, I feel that Australians are a bit tight on their money. As a developer and publisher on the iTunes/Google Appstore, the trend shows that Australians customers are less than 1% of my total compared to the US and China which take a big chunk of my sales/downloads.

I got to say, we are a very small country with a low population. Why would people want to sell items cheap in Australia anymore when you can make a ton more in other countries? This is why we always get things when they are already outdated blah blah blah....

Anyways, they justify it by increasing the price by alot so it is worth it for them to sell their product here and in return, it just become so expensive to live.

What our country lack is a successful innovative company that can put us out there. Sure we have some innovative companies, its just that none of them can be compared to Google, Apple or Samsung or what ever.. Its like comparing Poo to Chocolate in that sense.

Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

That is so true! We need more people, a bigger population so we can compete worldwide. Our population is the same as Los Angles, California which is just too small for a country of this size and being so far away from other first world nations. A bigger demand equals more jobs, higher profits, and more pricing competition.

Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

The issue with Australia is, 2/3 of the country is uninhabitable, so we could never have a population the size of the US, even though we have a similar land mass size.

The other option is, we could pick the country up and move it further north so we have better competition with the countries in the northern hemisphere 😄

Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

Hmm I have been Las Vegas! I have seen what you can bulid in the middle of a desert, especially with all that solar energy to use. Also I have heard from other travelling friends who have been to other countries with deserts like Egypt, Turkey etc.. They are able to bulid cities, house people, etc etc..

The majority of people don't want other people to come and live here or we would have a different government. That is why they invented the baby bonus so more Australians would have more children and up the population rate as it was becoming dangerously low. Between politics and attitudes, I say Australia won't be the lucky country again for a long long time. And we will all suffer as for me right now, I am sorry that I can't afford to support Australian businesses as much as I would like and I know I am not they only person who feels this way, but times are tough.

Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

this really is faulse advertising ebay allows this to happen is a joke, I only ship from Australia but see many items now on ebay state there in QLD NSW Vic  but only use it as a front , as items are  sent direct from China and India

Ebay are more than happy now to take the 9.95% cut for shipping fee's from all Australian sellers , but most Chinese sellers do not pay shipping fees what we all have to paty in Australia , even that ebay recommends us to post items shipped free , this we all know is not possible .

so the good old Aussy seller and buyer gets the short end of the straw , but pay the most, that line ebays pocket.

what was there moto , the founder!

where all the suckers

Message 16 of 16
Latest reply