Australia posts new tracking tool

Wondering if the new and improved tracking tool will perform any better (one can only hope) or is it simply a change of pretty little graphics.

Check it out here

http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/track-beta.html#/track?cmpid=ban--track----dft-beta--track--oct15...

Coming soon: A better way to track

You asked us for a simpler, smarter tool for tracking your deliveries. We listened.

We're just applying the finishing touches at the moment. But you can check out the highlights below and give it a try.

What's new
  • Simplified layout: The new, clean design makes it easier to follow the progress of your delivery.
  • Estimated delivery dates: For many parcels, you'll now see an 'estimated delivery by' date as soon as we know it's on the move.
  • More info, less jargon: You'll notice more help content and fewer tricky words like 'initiated'.
Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Just a change of layout as far as I can see.

How much more simple can it be...if people don't understand the word "initiated" there is not much hope is there?

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

The whole system still relies on the postal employees (in the PO or courier driver who picks up your parcel) scanning the item into the system for it to even show.   Just as it is now.  Just because AP has invested in you beaut fancy GPS scanners does not mean they are going to be used correctly.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

I had a problem just this week with a Tracked Item... Posted it from Central qld to a customer in Stanhope Gardens (Sydney).... After a week he contacted me to say he hadn't rec'd it & told me to have a look at the Aust posted Tracking site where he had been watching it - I had sent him the Tracking Number...

Well.... It had got as far as a Sorting Centre in one of the Sydney Suburbs & was being listed as "Processed" at least twace a day for the previous FOURS days !?!?!?

I phoned Aust Post and ..... wait for it ..... I was told that it was obviously stuck on a Carousel going around & around because there must be a problem with the Bar Code Reader .... When I asked when this might eventually be sorted I was told that "Eventually an Employee would notice it & manually shift it" .... I then asked if it would be possible for someone to contact them & get it sorted that day.... That stumped him & he honestly sounded as though he didn't know what to do or say to me....

Thankfully my customer understood & didn't trash my DSRs but I'm wondering if & when it will happen....

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

love your post stuck on a carousel going round and round and round,  reminds me of the fonz on a jukebox just give it a bang and everything works again.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

It looks like they fixed the postage time estimates. 6-7 business days from QLD - WA. before it was 4 days for any location

I find the new layout harder to read. Shouldn't they be spending money on fixing other things rather than making BS look pretty.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Let me guess,  stuck at Chullora?

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Hahahah!!! Yes Tippy.... Have you had the same problem ???

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Nearly everyone has

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Check out the tracking on this item I sent. 

http://auspost.com.au/track/track.html?id=83800213401099

I kept my buyer updated as to what the tracking meant, well what I could make out of it. It was posted on 10th. Sat in Ashburton for a week after the attempted incorrect address delivery.

absolutley dismal!

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply