Australian buyer using eBay US

I'm not sure if I'm going to get burned here...

I've had a rather frustrating buyer start a return request for a ($100+) item, claiming item was not as described because the actual colour looks darker than it did on her computer screen. I do not accept returns for buyers remorse, but as she has chosen to use the return process and claim NAD I know that I have no choice but to accept it. Which is fine, I'm ok with that.

The problem is that the buyer logged into and purchased the item on the US site, even though we are both located in Australia. So now, the return request is processed through the US site (with USPS or UPS as the only postage options)

I called eBay AU and they can't help me, they say I have to call eBay US...

Has anyone else dealt with this issue and how did it work out?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Australian buyer using eBay US

Get in touch with Customer service who assists Australian sellers. They should be able to cancel (veto) the action that the buyer did on the US site. Strange that it could be done via US site, only thing I can think of is buyer originally registered perhaps in USA which can happen and don't bother switching to AUS when they come and live here. ebay should be able to help as the sale was done on the AU site and the AU ebay rules apply. 

Cheers. 

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Thanks for the reply.. I've spoken to Au customer service, but they can't do anything for me.. I have to wait until tomorrow morning to speak to US customer service so I'm just trying to get as much info as I can before then

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

@Vintage -

On a side note - who is the artist of the portrait in your avatar?

I cannot remember the name, but I'm pretty sure I have seen the original of that painting on a wine farm in South Africa.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Jellybirddesigns-

Vladimir Tretchikoff ๐Ÿ˜€ The artwork is called Miss Wong

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Sorry, it's called Chinese Girl

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Thanks, I just could not remember the artists name.

Yes, that is the picture that is displayed at the Delaire Graff wine estate in Cape Town, South Africa which I visted a few years ago. I think the owners paid about a million pounds for it, and it's casually displayed in the main lobby of the estate.

It's an amazing piece of work to see in real life!

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply