Australian buyer wants to buy from me?

bgue4608
Community Member

Hello, an Australian from Austrilia wants to buy an item from me. The item is 100 bucks and about 10 for shiping. He can't buy it from me because ebay is telling him that I might not ship it to his location. They don't even give him a shipping cost. It tells him to contact seller. Which is me. What does this mean? I usually just print out the shipping and ship it. What do I do exactly here? Am I not allow to ship international? 

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Did you post the item here on ebay Australia site or on the USA one?

Did you allow for / offer  international shipping in your postage options?

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Buyers outside of the United States will see that on your listings if you haven't specified a postage method and cost to their country.

At the moment, you've specified a postage cost for shipping within the United States, and appear not to have blocked buyers in other countries from being able to purchase, which means eBay (and buyers) can't 100% tell for sure if you're willing to post to other countries (if you block buyers in Australia for example, the warning will read "Will not post to Australia", instead of "may not").

The buyer can likely bid or use the 'Buy It Now' option on any of your items for sale, but they won't be able to check out until you have issued them with a new invoice and the correct postage stated. You can also update your listings and include a shipping method & cost to Australia, and the buyer can purchase / pay straight away.

Edited to add: if you haven't already, I recommend double-checking the shipping cost for whatever item it is, as international shipping can be a little pricey.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

BTW you are logged onto the Aussie boards. ebay.com.au

Just sign back onto ebay.com for the USA site.

(waves to the up n overs) Smiley Happy

image host
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Might have come here on purpose, Kopes      downunder wave.gif

You can always tell the buyer you don't ship to Ausralia - if it's all too hard

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

I know, but I often do the, just in case thing.

Caught up with your holiday news on Richo's thread. Smiley Happy

image host
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply