Australian eBay Sellers Subsidizing Chinese Sellers

It's about time Chinese sellers pay the proper cost of delivering their items throughout Australia. It's totally ridiculous for Chinese items of less than $5 to be sent free of postage to any destination in Australia, yet this is happening thousands of times over every week, if not every day! I can't send a package under 500g for less than $5, so how can a Chinese seller? ANSWER - Australia Post makes it's profits from Australian sellers like me whilst it makes a loss delivering Chinese imported parcels. It's about time the imported parcels pay their proper postage cost! When Australia Post lists a fall in profits or even a loss, they need look no further than all those millions of Chinese parcels being delivered for next to nothing!

Message 1 of 46
Latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

really old thread should be put in the 'do not ressurect' pile

however

the recent posts made me think, hmmm

i remember a time when only the really hopeless couldnt get a good job in australia.

but now every year the numbers of smart people (people who did really well at school ect) that cant get a job is rising.

i thank our govt for making tough descions that have made us a leader in the smartest unemployed nation lists.

good going, we trully are the smart country!

Message 31 of 46
Latest reply

Even if you are smart; or have a great work ethic but less formal qualifications you still can't get a job!

My middle daughter has applied for more than 400 primary teaching jobs since October. She got 1 interview - a classroom teaching position that was an internal hire - In other words, the job wasn't actually available, as they intended to hire the person already employed whose contract was up for renewal! At least she had the experience of the interview. Of her classmates only 20 or so have jobs in teaching to start with the new school year.

Message 32 of 46
Latest reply

@redders_60 wrote:

Even if you are smart; or have a great work ethic but less formal qualifications you still can't get a job!

My middle daughter has applied for more than 400 primary teaching jobs since October. She got 1 interview - a classroom teaching position that was an internal hire - In other words, the job wasn't actually available, as they intended to hire the person already employed whose contract was up for renewal! At least she had the experience of the interview. Of her classmates only 20 or so have jobs in teaching to start with the new school year.

exactly, how often do you hear of people with uni degrees working at fast food outlets or operating registers at woolies.

stories of people aplying for jobs and there CV showing they are so over qualified its silly.

somewhere along the line somethings gone wrong.

Message 33 of 46
Latest reply

We need train drivers in Brisbane! (But then even if you're qualified and experienced they still won't hire you!) Go Anna.

Message 34 of 46
Latest reply

@meekamag2 wrote:

We need train drivers in Brisbane! (But then even if you're qualified and experienced they still won't hire you!) Go Anna.

Qualified & experienced, go for an interview, the job can be had.

Over qualified, think again from the employers side.

Training involved, maybe uniforms, time, effort & cost on the part of the employer.

Knowing the employee will up and off at the first offer for the qualifications they have.

Message 35 of 46
Latest reply

Nah, nothing like that, it's ruled by the unions. And we know about Ap & JT and the unions.

Message 36 of 46
Latest reply

We need train and bus drivers in Melbourne as well - and services to go with them. Trams are OK (albeit overcrowded, especially on route 96), but most bus services are between 'mediocre' to 'why do they even bother running it?' and Metro is something of a joke to most commuters, and the regional train operator V/Line may as well be V/Bus on some lines as they seem to like running rail replacement coaches more often than not.
Message 37 of 46
Latest reply

You want to remember anything you buy out of china you pay for straight away they have your money its you that has to wait if it is sent back at this end. The door opened for China Australia has import rules as to standards china don't give a rats **bleep**, all there out to get is your money, Ebay make money out of all sales and they do not care.
Message 38 of 46
Latest reply

Moral of that story - don't by cheap imports from sellers with carp feedback then, and use the tools eBay/Paypal give you to solve problems....................easy.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 39 of 46
Latest reply

My wife has a small $5 item currently on order from a Chinese seller. She was unable to find it with an AU seller.
I noticed that the earliest EDD from eBay is just inside the 30-day MBG limit whilst the latest EDD is closer to 50-days. So if it's late turning up we will have to use the PayPal INR process.
But in order to win that the seller only needs to show that the tracking says it was posted.
So it's pretty difficult to use to eBay MBG process which requires proof of delivery.
Message 40 of 46
Latest reply