Automatic Positive Feedback if nothing left for you and no complaints

I am putting this is as request to ebay.

If know one leaves you positive feedback then you get positive feedback rating number added to your total, after 2  weeks or so.

If no complaint or communication about product or no request for refund then you must have done ok with service and or product.

Message 1 of 49
Latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

Re: Automatic Positive Feedback if nothing left for you and no complaints

@greatproductstoday wrote:

@sandypebbles

You have a lot of posts 344 without selling anything 0 Feedback - work for ebay 🙂

Typical comment from someone that has no idea how things work as some sellers on here post with a different ID

so it's not seen as trying to drum up business and some of those sellers have feedback score in their of

thousands and higher.

I am sure ebay look around at what we say.

No they don't as the discussion boards are run by Khoros and not eBay.

Other big asian site have automatic feedback if conditions met...

Most are only if the buyer leaves feedback first so piontless if they don't.

Ok then after 6 months then when everything that could possibly happened as happened ie .... 180 paypal dispute time frame....etc.

No,as leaving feedback is up to the buyer.

What happened to the good service I did and no one bother to leave feedback?

Why care as it does nothing to help you sell  as the only thing a buyer may look at is if you had a lot of negative

feedback or a low feedback percentage and you sell stuff,you don't buy feedback.

If you buy something from a bad seller and dont leave feedback, that is stupid.

That should go well for you calling buyers stupid on a public forum just because they don't want to leave

feedback for whatver reason they decided not to.

From eBay's feedback pages:

Feedback is an opportunity to leave an honest comment about your experience with a seller, or

thank a customer for their purchase.

An automatic system has NOTHING to do with the buyers experience and would be regarded as fake feedback.

Message 11 of 49
Latest reply

Off topic, but why are you using "private listings" for your items ?  That was originally in place for high-value items or items of a personal nature. I and many others avoid auctions with "private listings" in place because it can be used to camouflage shill bidding, it's also used a lot by Asian sellers so that buyers/bidders cannot see relevant feedback for the product they're interested in.

So in effect, you may well be diminishing your customer base by using it.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 12 of 49
Latest reply

@greatproductstoday wrote:

If you buy something from a bad seller and dont leave feedback, that is stupid.

Feedback is not objective, and you are not in a position to decide what someone else's experience or assessment of your service is. 

You are not thinking in broad enough terms, I can have a less than good experience with a seller or purchase, but that doesn't make them a bad seller, just that one transaction didn't go quite right. These are the sorts of reasons why a buyer might choose not to leave feedback. 

The system I have suggested (transaction count plus reviews / feedback) is used by another large ecommerce site, but certainly not auto-feedback, and IMHO it is much better.

PS if sandy works for eBay, and they don't like your idea at all, then I guess that's the end of it, anyway. 😉 

Message 13 of 49
Latest reply

if sandy works for eBay then they are a slacker with that low post count.

Spoiler
but then again, maybe they have a posting history on another ID
Spoiler
I could be wrong
Spoiler
Smiley LOL
Message 14 of 49
Latest reply

You did not read what or understand what I said, if you have a bad experience with a seller, ie scammer, you should report it. I do..and that gets rids of the bad apples. I said it was silly if you did not report because then nothing happens. 

Message 15 of 49
Latest reply

That is my point if there are no complaints or request for refund or return you must have done something right? 

People are more likely to complain 17x more...IE if is good, they wont remember to do anything. I have a lot of good sales and service

and no feedback left and that is disappointing..

And I was saying that after 6 months - all decks are cleared - after the 90 day no contact policy has gone and there has not been a

refund, or return dont you deserve a postitive note?

Message 16 of 49
Latest reply

When I saw something with 0 feedback I thought - what the heck is someone has no sales or feedback telling me how stuff works - now I understand. 

I am more likely to believe someone who has sales or feedback...?

Anyhow I guess you dont want to get into a fight or discussion with customers that you had before if there are issues?

Oh well...

Message 17 of 49
Latest reply

Are you selling for money or green dots?

I prefer money. About 30% of my buyers leave feedback. That is their prerogative, as it is the prerogative of the other 70% to not leave any.

The point is that feedback is voluntary. It is the member's perception of the transaction. Nobody is forced to leave it and eBay applying it down the track would certainly negate the voluntary part of voluntary.

eBay are unlikely to change it, especially when it is only a small minority (you) agitating for such a change

Message 18 of 49
Latest reply

Thanks for objectively reading my post and making a measured reponse... 

There is one big chinese site that does...

Anyhow all I am saying is make a change, does not have to feedback - that might be like product review...

but you are right - sales numbers...

ie it I have 1000 sales I should have 1000 points if no complaints - or refunds...

Something that is part of the system and is not relying on people to do something or if they dont act it is done for them.

My point is again - if you make a sale and no complaints you should be rewarded - that is all I am saying and the details can be nutted 

out.

But say every 6 months the system does a review and adds sales numbers to your count - at the moment it is only feedback that is

counting to the numbers but I think it should be sales (completed sales with no issues)...thanks

Message 19 of 49
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

Off topic, but why are you using "private listings" for your items ?  That was originally in place for high-value items or items of a personal nature. I and many others avoid auctions with "private listings" in place because it can be used to camouflage shill bidding, it's also used a lot by Asian sellers so that buyers/bidders cannot see relevant feedback for the product they're interested in.

So in effect, you may well be diminishing your customer base by using it.

I dont ..why do you say that?

Message 20 of 49
Latest reply