Automatic Positive Feedback if nothing left for you and no complaints

I am putting this is as request to ebay.

If know one leaves you positive feedback then you get positive feedback rating number added to your total, after 2  weeks or so.

If no complaint or communication about product or no request for refund then you must have done ok with service and or product.

Message 1 of 49
Latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

no

Message 2 of 49
Latest reply

Not going to happen

But  you want to 'put it to eBay' ?

eBay do not read people's posts here (nor do they care about any suggestions from members) especially not from sellers 

Message 3 of 49
Latest reply

I can see two glaring problems there.

1. The buyer has 60 days to leave feedback.

2. the buyer has up to 180 days to open a dispute with Paypal.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 49
Latest reply

This has been suggested many times over the years, probably on every website where a feedback system has been implemented, but not one site (that I know of) has ever put an automatic system in place (except for eBay's automated positive for buyers if a specified condition is met - it can be on payment, or when the buyer leaves FB for the seller).

The issue with enforcing an automated feedback system is there are a number of reasons someone might consciously choose not to leave any feedback, and there can be negative effects if you take that choice away from them by force - imagine a case where someone didn't have the best experience so doesn't feel the seller should get a positive feedback, but at the same time they don't really want to leave a neutral or negative rating. If eBay was going to force a positive comment, it might prompt them to leave a bad rating first so that doesn't happen. No feedback is better than bad feedback.

Feedback systems are becoming less and less relevant, JMHO, and fewer buyers are motivated enough to leave it these days, but it still does have a place. I would personally prefer to see a transaction count rather than automated feedack - this would let buyers see a seller has made (for example) 15,000 transactions, has been left 5000 positive FB and maybe a neut or neg, buyers could then simply surmise the remaining 10-odd thousand transactions were good enough not to warrant any scathing feedback comments. As it is now, there's no real way to determine what percentage of a seller's transactions seemed to go at least ok. 

Message 5 of 49
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

@greatproductstoday wrote:

I am putting this is as request to ebay.

If know one leaves you positive feedback then you get positive feedback rating number added to your total, after 2  weeks or so.

If no complaint or communication about product or no request for refund then you must have done ok with service and or product.

All that would do is increase the positive count for bad sellers especially the ones from overseas as currently a lot

of buyers don't leave any feedback,forget to leave feedback or run out of time to leave feedback and those sellers

would increase their responses to please wait as it is coming but actually isn't.

It's up to the buyers to leave feedback as it's their response on how they thought the whole transaction went and

not some automatic system that may leave false feedback and has had nothing to do with the actual transaction.Corny_cleaning-glasses.gif

Message 6 of 49
Latest reply

Why can't I give this post a Negative Kudo?

Message 7 of 49
Latest reply

unlike.jpgHere you go. Smiley Happy

image host
Message 8 of 49
Latest reply

@sandypebbles

You have a lot of posts 344 without selling anything 0 Feedback - work for ebay 🙂

I am sure ebay look around at what we say.

Other big asian site have automatic feedback if conditions met...

Ok then after 6 months then when everything that could possibly happened as happened ie .... 180 paypal dispute time frame....etc.

What happened to the good service I did and no one bother to leave feedback?

If you buy something from a bad seller and dont leave feedback, that is stupid.

Message 9 of 49
Latest reply

Like many, I do not use my selling ID (which has a couple of thousand feedback, mostly as a seller) on the forum

As for your work for eBay comment , gee, how original Woman LOL

No, eBay staff do not read people's posts, they do not care what people here say or think

So long

Message 10 of 49
Latest reply