Avoiding a defect with a cancellation Request ?

Hi all ..just after some advice please on the best way to proceed with a cancellation to avoid a defect . 

I had a buyer purchase 2 items yesterday (and looking at possibly a 3rd  today ) . Both items are yet unpaid for as she is looking at other items before paying. 

Received a message this morning asking if I would please cancel one of the purchases as she has changed her mind on that item. I am ok with doing this for her (she sounds lovely I guess just unaware  like most buyers of the new system )

I have messaged her explaining the defect system now in place for sellers and that I would get back to her later today after seeking advice on the best way to proceed from here.

Is there an option to choose buyer changed mind ? If so will I get a defect if I choose that option ?

Many Thanks, Cheers, Sheena 

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Yep, just choose buyer changed mind (and I think it says "or bought by mistake" as well?)  It will go through to the buyer to process and you won't get any penalties.  Also, if the buyer doesn't finish it, you can after a number of days and still no penalties to you.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

im not to sure about this.

I've cancelled a few lately and seem to have defects for them.

all have been at the buyers request and i answered buyer changed mind.

Its definitely better using the older resolve a problem link and not the cancel order link.

The cancel order link assumes the buyer has paid and the seller has to wait till the buyers answers they have not paid for the item yet.

The older resolve a problem link to cancel can be closed by the seller after a few days but the newr cancel order process is reliant on the buyer responding.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply