B.L.M. and the Ebay seller

Like many Australians, I was sick to death with all of the posturing and fighting over Australia day celebrations so I got right away from it all and went to my remote farm for the day to take in some of the " real Australia ''. 

I didnt think much more about it until I got home and checked my ebay sales for the day. I was pleasantly suprised to find I had sold one of my most expensive items, that on reflection had the " woke BLM B$ written all over it. ( Not telling what it was, I,m planning to continue that line of sales as hard as I can Man Wink

It got me thinking though. We regularly get people coming to the boards asking what they can sell. There are always new fads and emerging trends such as BLM and these offer a whole new base of customers looking for new products that didnt exist two years ago. If sellers can find products to target the new emerging market it offers the chance to cash in on fertile new ground that may not be supplied by other sellers yet. 

The " woke " customer is likely to be older, more affluent, internet savvy and have more time on their hands than some other buyer demographics so is a perfect customer base to target.

For sellers looking for new emerging markets, its something to think about.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

B.L.M. and the Ebay seller

Ok. 

I do think anyone looking in to cash in on the woke demograhic should do it responsibly, though, at least make an effort to understand the demographic they are looking to target (who are actually not likely to be older and cashed up), and instead of using it as perjorative in quotation marks, understand it just means being aware of social issues that often get ignored or dismissed, and the reason it gets scorned at now is (partly) due to the phrase being appropriated by people who didn't get it (including businesses / corporations). 

Message 11 of 11
Latest reply